Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Laisurg wrote: »
    it'll never be out, it never existed it was all a piss take :L either that or the development team work 5 minutes a day

It's been said a few times in this thread already, but this is essentially a game started from scratch by Gearbox a year or two ago, not the game that's been in development limbo for god knows how long...
    Would be funny if it gets delayed again before the June 10th release date though:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Bit of new footage:

Seen it at PAX (parts of it anyway)

So, there's health regneration and bloody screens. Perfect. :(
    It looks easy compared to Duke3D. Heck, there was bad guys with jetpacks shooting at you amongst other things in the Duke3D map. I do hope that that was super easy mode, as otherwise it'll be pretty lame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the_syco wrote: »
    It looks easy compared to Duke3D. Heck, there was bad guys with jetpacks shooting at you amongst other things in the Duke3D map. I do hope that that was super easy mode, as otherwise it'll be pretty lame :(

i believe its very early in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Looks very early on in game or on a level TBH. And those kinds of scripted bosses are easy enough if you know the sequence so it could just be someone that played the boss before.

and it is probably on normal or lower difficulty too I'd say. It damn well better be :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

It looks at the first level to get you used to controls (hence the prompts to run etc. with the button to press).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

thebman wrote: »
    Looks very early on in game or on a level TBH. And those kinds of scripted bosses are easy enough if you know the sequence so it could just be someone that played the boss before.

and it is probably on normal or lower difficulty too I'd say. It damn well better be :P

It's the game within a game opening sequence that Duke plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

.. who's excited? I think I might get myself a new laptop. I hope the multiplayer is good. Some silly deathmatch with rocket jumping and jet packs would be a nice change from the current glut of simulated future war.

edit: pardon didn't see the other topic delete this if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

THe world has to be ending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

.. who's excited? I think I might get myself a new laptop. I hope the multiplayer is good. Some silly deathmatch with rocket jumping and jet packs would be a nice change from the current glut of simulated future war.

edit: pardon didn't see the other topic delete this if you like.
    Halo reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Halo reach.
    Also that other one.

Section 8: Prejudice.

Also I'm 100% certain a new Tribes game was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Duke Nukem Forever out in less than a month..
    ...and fourteen years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

tman wrote: »
    It's been said a few times in this thread already, but this is essentially a game started from scratch by Gearbox a year or two ago, not the game that's been in development limbo for god knows how long...
    Would be funny if it gets delayed again before the June 10th release date though:pac:

Thats not true at all.
    The PC version of the game pretty much finished when Gearbox got their hands on it,

they merely tweaked it, and ported it to the consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Heh, so it was!
    Looks like I totally misread an earlier article...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Patiently waiting for halo 3 to get ported to PC.. gonna be another couple of years, if ever. I love those games but multiplayer on pads does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I preordered this for the XBOX 360... can't wait for it

i thnk a lot of people have unrealistically high expectations for what is going to essentially be a bit of a novelty game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Helix wrote: »
    i thnk a lot of people have unrealistically high expectations for what is going to essentially be a bit of a novelty game

Aye, but it's got titties! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

whats wrong with tits, anabolics, crazy stupid weapons, silly oneliners, tits, shrink ray, FUN, did i mentioned tits?

Not much novelty in that game, just good old silly stuff. It will be hate it or love it. It wount be mass hit as " yup, that one", but the ones who like that sort of mindless fun will be happy.

problem for me: alice: madness returns and herous 6 is coming prety much in same time window. Misses will kick me out of home.

whats wrong with tits, anabolics, crazy stupid weapons, silly oneliners, tits, shrink ray, FUN, did i mentioned tits?

nothing at all, but i think an awful lot of people are expecting a top quality game to go with the things you mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

nothing at all, but i think an awful lot of people are expecting a top quality game to go with the things you mentioned

And they'll be the ones who are let down by the game while the rest of us make a save point right before each showing of boobage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

And they'll be the ones who are let down by the game while the rest of us make a save point right before each showing of boobage! :D
    You know, I once heard there were boobs on the Internet somewhere. I've never been able to find them myself, so perhaps I might give this Duke Nukem game a try.

You know, I once heard there were boobs on the Internet somewhere. I've never been able to find them myself, so perhaps I might give this Duke Nukem game a try.

I honestly loled.

As for game and novelty... I think that this game will make or destroy gearbox as developer.

Picking up and doing this game it's like calling your newborn son Jesus. People have huge expectations, before you even did something.

So far gearbox is not the worse developer out there, plus they got all people from previuos duke in it. I am hoping it to be good, but you newer know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Not really hyped up for this game at all. I will have a shot at the demo first before I buy

tman wrote: »
    Heh, so it was!
    Looks like I totally misread an earlier article...:o

This video is well worth a look.
    It's a demo reel that was leaked by one of the modellers for the game, back this month 2 years ago, well before the closure of 3DRealms:

Not a whole a lot has changed as you can see, the gloves are the most obvious change that stands out, dukes model has changed completely since then.
    And they inverted the time of day for the levels - the stadium is in daylight back then, and the other boss is at night time.

I'm not too happy with their decision to change all the vegas levels to daytime, I would have preferred night levels with neon signs glowing, hopefully we'll see one vegas level at night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

o1s1n wrote: »
    The third person Duke Nukem games on the ps1 were pretty rubbish. Duke Nukem 3D on the other hand is legendary.

In other words, Duke Nukem IS fps.

Or platformer, but you young folk wouldn't know anything about that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Oh yeah

Oldscool platfoing was awesome... You did not knew is it a right way or was it a some sort of flow in level design. You needed to judge your jumps and direction etc.You were actuolly exploring with platforming too back then. Not like these days: press and hold button, it will do all platforming for you.

For those of you who can't wait for DNF to come out,
    ye should get busy playing the Duke Nukem Eternity Mod,
    which was finished 2 days ago:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-eternity/news/duke-nukem-eternity-13d-released

It includes the latest High Resolution Pack, and the Duke Bike mod,
    which is absolutely f*cking unreal! Had great fun knocking down Pig Cops, and doing drive by's.

Its almost like a showcase of everything the community has been developing upto now, and it fully utilizes the Duke Plus mod.

The bike level almost felt like HL2 at times.

Just run the setup, and drop your duke3d.grp file into the game directory.

You'll need a fairly decent graphics card to play it on max settings, and with the polymer enabled. The polymer is basically lighting effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dunno if this was one of the vids posted above that was since taken down but it is f*cking hillarious! I wasn't too pushed on this but seriously thinking of getting it now!

Being able to draw
    dicks on a white board is genius!

After some bimbo finishes giving Duke a blowey while he is playing a demo of his own game, she says
    so Duke, what about the game? Was IT any good? Duke: Ya, but after 12 f*cking years, it should be!
    HAHAHAHA

Advertisement