Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

chin_grin wrote: »
    *sense.
    *serious.

Oh sh!t ! Spelling police on patrol..... enable your spell checkers !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Magill wrote: »
    Oh sh!t ! Spelling police on patrol..... enable your spell checkers !

Dern right! Unless you want to come across as a fourteen year old facebook user! :P

Anyways, watch the video. It's good. And has a point.

Besides, I prefer "Grammar Nazi". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I love the idea for the health system.
    (Please don't be a joke... PLEASE!!)

Dern right! Unless you want to come across as a fourteen year old facebook user! :P

Anyways, watch the video. It's good. And has a point.

Besides, I prefer "Grammar Nazi". :pac:

Il gt a lok at it whayn i gt hoom, utoobes blooked at werk :(

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Nerds loved Snakes on a Plane.. it was a crap movie, but they flocked to it, same if they made some Chuck Norris movie they'd all go.. well if by go we mean pirate it from the net, then yeah that

PC games the same. Duke has such nerd nostalgia value. It was groundbreaking at the time and there was nothing like it, however some people believe that because of that.. the sequel has to be somehow.. groundbreaking? eh no

In fact the sequel should be a stupid over-the-top snakes on a plane type thing, ridiculous, kick ass, nostalgic.. and the fans will love it.. in fact I predict this will actually be quite a fun decent game

Its been delayed for so long simply because stupid people have been in charge trying to make some ultra groundbreaking thing.. however, eventually, when the new guys took over they knew exactly how to handle it.. if you don't agree.. go watch the gameplay trailer..

It will be a big success and not a terrible game either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'd imagine this will be prone to an amazing amount of backlash when it's released. The internet will be aflame with cries of "Tweve years for this sh1t!" and other cliche rants. But personally, I'm really looking forward to it.
    From what I read in that review, the player basically says it's not a modern day CoD clone like every other game, but it's great braindead craic. If he's right, then it is exactly what I want it to be.

Magill wrote: »
    Il gt a lok at it whayn i gt hoom, utoobes blooked at werk :(

Please do. It's a good vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah corecting me again...

Forum english teachers... How o hate you... :)

I am a foreigner in ireland, so its not my native languadge, so i do my best. Second, i am typing this on phone keyboard with no spell checker, and slot of the times i missspell sometihng becouse my fat fingers hit wrong button...

I need to put that in sig lol.

As for duke, moust of you right! If its braindead shooter with just fun, nostalgia, and moust important duke! Then it will be epic game!

And lads... Not the swearing made duke so awesome... Duke, did duke nuke awesome! And yeah, when he says: " eat **** and die! " - it sounds aweome, if you halo suit dude will say that, it will be - meh.

And for gods sake, dont take duke seriuosly :))). He is just Fun!!! No drama bull****, just fun.

I would love to see a next game: Seriuos sam and duke nukem pwnd the world :)))

Ah corecting me again...

Forum english teachers... How o hate you... :)

I am a foreigner in ireland, so its not my native languadge, so i do my best. Second, i am typing this on phone keyboard with no spell checker, and slot of the times i missspell sometihng becouse my fat fingers hit wrong button...

I need to put that in sig lol.

As for duke, moust of you right! If its braindead shooter with just fun, nostalgia, and moust important duke! Then it will be epic game!

And lads... Not the swearing made duke so awesome... Duke, did duke nuke awesome! And yeah, when he says: " eat **** and die! " - it sounds aweome, if you halo suit dude will say that, it will be - meh.

And for gods sake, dont take duke seriuosly :))). He is just Fun!!! No drama bull****, just fun.

I would love to see a next game: Seriuos sam and duke nukem pwnd the world :)))

My sincere keyboard warrior apologies then! Didn't mean to offend.

But seriously, check the video out. Pretty much says what you've just......er...said.

came back home...

watched the video, and i agree with him.

this is why i look forward to bullet storm too. i hope its cheesy as ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,324 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Funny because many of the games produced today with a rabid fanboy following make me go meh. CoD, Halo, et al are pretty underwhelming affairs that offer very little that is new or exciting. I remember playing Duke and being very excited by the sheer scale and irreverent attitude it had (as opposed to its contemporary and technical superior Quake).
    While many of todays games may be lightyears ahead of Duke in term of technical abilities they have not managed to retain even 1% of the charm this game had back in the day. I want to play this game because it will hopefully still have the same spark, that sense of fun and off colour humour that made Duke a classic.
    I dont know about CoD but I know at least with Halo the interest in the game universe is tied into the game interests. I remember reading The Fall of Reach and getting really pulled into the story. Contact Harvest was probably the best of them though, followed by Onyx.

*sense.
    *serious.

:p

But you're right. FPS games right now are a bit up their own. I remember watching a Jimquisition with some great points <googles> Ah yeah, here it is.

I totally agree with this guy (well... To an extent anyways).

With BulletStorm and Duke on the way, I can't help but think of Turok: Evolution. A game that I thought was simply fantastic. Yeah, it had it's flaws, quite a few of them, but good sh1te was it fun! Packing four shotgun shells into a single blast, a rocket laucher with a nuke attachment, poison arrows that make your enimies puke up and die, a nail gun (if my memory serves me correctly) with a chaingun hidden inside, and some of the biggest damn gun turrets I've ever had the great fortune to man.
    Plot? Story? There was none. Just mindless craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Is it legit? Somehow i still want to give a chance to this. So many wmepic memories... Secret levers to open some dirty stuff... Secret passages... Exploring....

" i am here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and i am all out of bubble gum..."

Its not his original saying, but damn it sounds good when he says it :)

Reminds me of this:

(the film is called They Live, well worth a watch, Roddy Piper finds a pair of special sunglasses & discovers aliens invaded who are controlling earth by mind control, then Roddy opens a can of whopass on them, great fun)

I'm looking forward to duke, probably for the novelty, hope they do a good job with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Overheal wrote: »
    I dont know about CoD but I know at least with Halo the interest in the game universe is tied into the game interests. I remember reading The Fall of Reach and getting really pulled into the story. Contact Harvest was probably the best of them though, followed by Onyx.
    I suppose thats fair enough, you are interested in the extended universe and story beyond that depicted in the actual games, however as someone who isn't I always thought the Halo game experience was pretty shallow and well, boring.

That's not to say that they are terrible games or anything its just that they always struck me as competent run of the mill shooters with very little to distinguish them from the rest of the pack. Perhaps DNF will fall into the same category and it will turn out to be an underwhelming experience as most of the todays shooters are, I sincerely hope not because i have very fond memories of the Duke and want to hopefully recapture just a small bit of the excitement I had while playing the first one.

Reminds me of this:

(the film is called They Live, well worth a watch, Roddy Piper finds a pair of special sunglasses & discovers aliens invaded who are controlling earth by mind control, then Roddy opens a can of whopass on them, great fun)

I'm looking forward to duke, probably for the novelty, hope they do a good job with it

Yep that's where Duke got the line from.

You know what..... Fvck DNF.... Fvck Halo and CoD...

what we really need is..... half life 3 ! Get a move on valve... They better give us some news this year on it tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I don't want a game-changer, graphics that will melt my machine, deep and interesting storyline, or a game that can be completed in 4 hours...........I want mindless action, awful one-liners and Duke!

I just hope this game isn't a bitch to run on PC and has (supposedly) a quite long campaign. Heh, I remember Duke3D would crash if you ever went near the water in levels, goddamn DOS.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/return-of-duke-nukem/710451

interview.

so far i love it. i think they will nail it.

and it actually reminded me.... shrink gun..... remember shrinking my friend in 1v1 Psone, then trying to step on him! Not even one game, ever did such a cool weapon :D

oh yeat, they mentioned something about glory hole! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's suitably over the top, as only it could and should be:

http://kotaku.com/#!5757907/duke-nukem-forever-gives-its-biggest-fans-balls-of-steel

Spear wrote: »
    It's suitably over the top, as only it could and should be:

http://kotaku.com/#!5757907/duke-nukem-forever-gives-its-biggest-fans-balls-of-steel

i want, and i will get it. is it coming to ireland too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Will definitely be picking this up. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It looks great, there's a fair bit in there for $100, think I might have to pick it up. Good game or not, that's a piece of gaming history right there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I just hope this game isn't a bitch to run on PC and has (supposedly) a quite long campaign.
    ^ +1
    I want a good long SP experience, one of my main gripes with modern games is that many of them are just to damn short. I don't play online, never really saw the attraction to be honest and in recent years I have felt cheated by developers who tack on a shoddy SP campaign and think that is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

As much as I enjoyed the hell outta deathmatchs on Duke 3D, I still spent most of my years jamming on the simgle player. So, I'm looking for more of the same there.

I'd sell the wife and kids for this... If I had a wife and kids.

The ESRB Content Rating was enough to win me over!
    Blood and Gore
    Intense Violence
    Strong Language
    Mature Humour
    Nudity
    Strong Sexual Content
    Use of Drugs and Alcohol

Duke Nukem is back, bitches. Hail to the King, baby!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I look forward to all the Fox News articles on this baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Some game footage showing off some classic Duke humour :D

• Advertisement

Excelent stuff! Could do with more blood though ;)

Advertisement