Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lol nice one.

like a good few people pointed out, i am looking forward to single player campaign, i wouldnt even mind no multiplayer.

loved bioshock 1 with no multiplayer. they had way more time to invest in SP and make it awesome.

all these sp/mp games kind of dissapoint moust of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

lol nice one.

like a good few people pointed out, i am looking forward to single player campaign, i wouldnt even mind no multiplayer.

To be honest, I reckon leaving multiplayer out completely would almost be as much of a crime as overdoing it. The multiplayer on Duke 3D was amazing criac.

deathrider wrote: »
    To be honest, I reckon leaving multiplayer out completely would almost be as much of a crime as overdoing it. The multiplayer on Duke 3D was amazing criac.

you might be right.... shrink gun was awesome in multiplayer :D.

i would actually love that they would make it old school multiplayer, where you need to find weapons, know secret spot in maps, health armor pack :D , good old riot style :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

This lucks class, gfx aint bad either.

Looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I cannot wait for this to come out. I bought borderlands GTYO just for the beta invitation to duke.

It's gona be so awesome!

Balls of steel here i come.

• Advertisement

Limericks wrote: »
    I cannot wait for this to come out. I bought borderlands GTYO just for the beta invitation to duke.

It's gona be so awesome!

Balls of steel here i come.

Does itvwork? I got that too, i thought its some joke r something... Are you in beta now?

Does itvwork? I got that too, i thought its some joke r something... Are you in beta now?

Sorry no it's not the beta but early access to the demo when it is released. And no it's not available yet.

Have you used your code to access the first access club at http://www.dukenukem.com/access/entry/

You will be emailed when the demo is available if you do. You also get a few wallpapers and "In the club" tag for the forum and maybe some more at release.

Awesome lad. I will do. Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Spear wrote: »
    It's on Play, Zavvi and Amazon too. The latter seems to be the cheapest, certainly for the PC anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I've just pre-ordered on Amazon.

Hope it's the same deal/bundle ... there's not a lot of detail on the Amazon page.

trout wrote: »

Hope it's the same deal/bundle ... there's not a lot of detail on the Amazon page.

Thanks for the link, I just pre ordered it too :) I cannot wait for this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Looks like the PC version is using Steamworks. You know what that means?
    Duke Nukem for €40 or under AND you get to have it in your Steam list too. None of this nonsense about paying €50 for a brand new game in Steam.

Spear wrote: »

Was asking about this in Gaemstop lately. They didn't have much info... Ok, any info!

I wonder if this means there will be vac2 anti cheating aswell? I hope so.

deathrider wrote: »
    Was asking about this in Gaemstop lately. They didn't have much info... Ok, any info!

Let me guess: " computer says no...". :D

Zavvi have the balls of steel special edition for the Xbox up for preorder. Haven't tried ordering it, and wont be, but the website doesn't say anything about them not being able to deliver it to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Holy shi*!
    Only about 50 euro for the Balls of Steel Version, delivered?

Thats ridiculously cheap! The ordinary PC version works out at under €30 delivered too.

I'm still half thinking of waiting until the demo is released though, just in case! ;)

Just in case anyone missed, there WILL be a map editor included with DNF, at least for the PC version anyway.

This was leaked in an episode of the Jace Hall Show, among with many other gameplay leaks (well more previewed than leaked as they obviously had permission from Gearbox)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sv_A5XUMt0

And seen as theres still a highly active community modding duke3D, the mod potential for this game is going to be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Great, I love games which can be modded and mapped. It gave duke 3d an extra long life (which it needed).

I'm not pleased about the steam DRM to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Monotype wrote: »
    Great, I love games which can be modded and mapped. It gave duke 3d an extra long life (which it needed).

I'm not pleased about the steam DRM to be honest.

Whats wrong with Steam?

Is there any release date set for the pc demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Whats wrong with Steam?

I simply don't want to have to use it in order to play a game or control of the game to be in someone else's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Monotype wrote: »
    I simply don't want to have to use it in order to play a game or control of the game to be in someone else's hands.
    I'm actually starting to love Steam, for no other reason than the little box notifying me that people are playing X game.

waveform wrote: »
    Holy shi*!
    Only about 50 euro for the Balls of Steel Version, delivered?

Thats ridiculously cheap! The ordinary PC version works out at under €30 delivered too.

I'm still half thinking of waiting until the demo is released though, just in case! ;)
    Just ordered it there. That's incredibly cheap though. I think the bust is ridiculous but the other little collectibles are fairly cool. Supposed to be $100 in the US.

Let me guess: " computer says no...". :D

Exactly. If only that empoyed some humans, they'd be sorted :pac:

the pics on the left of the page show that it's the Ball of Steel edition alright.
    Bust/dice/certificate etc all included.

Just ordered it there. That's incredibly cheap though. I think the bust is ridiculous but the other little collectibles are fairly cool. Supposed to be $100 in the US.

Not too keen on the bust either, reminds me of the Roman era levels in Time To Kill, which i found to be boring on the playstation compared to Duke3D.
    Now if they had this Action figure instead, i'd be all over Duke's Balls

errrr...

um...

I mean the Balls of Steel edition! ;)

dukeneca.png

Maybe not as good as the older Duke we know, but i absolutely love the
    golden pistol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,324 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Pistol is the operative word...

Advertisement