Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem Forever

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i cannot believe people are preodereding this game

christ almight when will yis learn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I realised that I might not need this special edition of the game, even though it's quite cheap, relatively. So, I canceled it. :(
    I really didnt need it and it took me about 5 hours to come to my senses and cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

the_syco wrote: »

Charging almost full price for a digital copy of a game is criminal! :mad:

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Charging almost full price for a digital copy of a game is criminal! :mad:
    Usually I'd agree, but it's Duke, and I'm lazy :P

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Usually I'd agree, but it's Duke, and I'm lazy :P
    Why not buy it online say...via Amazon. It's about €30. And it gets added to your Steam account anyway, since it uses Steamworks. There you go. you've just saved yourself a tenner.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duke-Nukem-Forever-PC-DVD/dp/B004JHY434/

Why not buy it online say...via Amazon. It's about €30. And it gets added to your Steam account anyway, since it uses Steamworks. There you go. you've just saved yourself a tenner.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duke-Nukem-Forever-PC-DVD/dp/B004JHY434/
    Ugh, delivery. Which may mean delivery a week after release :S How is Amazon for posting of new releases?

Usually the day of. But if it isn't, since it's a friday you'll run the risk of waiting over the weekend for it. It's a risk I'm willing to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ScoreX

Anyone know where you can buy an old copy of Nukem for N64?

Found mine last week and want to give a run through of the old one before the new one comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Anxiety

duke nukem is a beast game :O i cnt wait for the new one lol jking i probably will nto buy it because i never played the old ones xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

cannot wait till this, has been AGES and the first one was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PredaToRxReCoN

iv never played any other of the duke nukem games before but i might just give this one ago just to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Tollan

Honestly, this game looks crappy but I'm still looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Beatalls

Not compare able with minecraft, its not my type of game, no homo of course :D

Did anyone ever play any of the old Duke Nukem games?

A real walk down memorylane for y'all then!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I did along with Commander Keen (1, 2 & 4) and lots of others, I feel old now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Jeez, I remember those. Once I got to Duke3D I couldn't play them anymore :pac:

I'm back playing Duke3D (with the High-Res pack) to gear me up for the game and I'm loving all little bits and pieces I forgot about. Kicking the alien on the toilet in the face and then pissing into it never gets old, like "Get out, I need a piss!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Nody wrote: »
    I did along with Commander Keen (1, 2 & 4) and lots of others, I feel old now :(

I had those on my old olevetti 386....happy days....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Did Amazon cancel anyone elses order?(not enough stock)
    Is it a sign?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is it a sign?

Of the collectors or the standard?

• Advertisement

Collectors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Is it a sign?

Balls of steel version?

Just a sign that there's quite limited stock I guess, or that there are craploads of orders already...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Collectors

That's worrying, I only pre-ordered mine yesterday (not Amazon though).

All this pre-ordering talk has made me go and pre-order it as well... Feels like I just ripped through the fabric of space and time and high-fived my teenage self!

I had it, then canceled the preorder of the Balls of Steel version. Now I'm regretting the cancelation of it now. :(

Where do I get my balls of steel now?

Where do I get my balls of steel now?

*ziiiiip*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Jeez, I remember those. Once I got to Duke3D I couldn't play them anymore :pac:

I'm back playing Duke3D (with the High-Res pack) to gear me up for the game and I'm loving all little bits and pieces I forgot about. Kicking the alien on the toilet in the face and then pissing into it never gets old, like "Get out, I need a piss!!" :D

I'm sitting here wondering why the **** i still havent tried that mod out!

In the trailer for the older DNF engine, there's a clip of duke on a bike in first person.
    I hope theres a bike in the new DNF engine thats coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

I love how Randy used the metaphor of a car crash to help us visualize why he rescued DNF here:

http://www.duke4.net/images/newspost_images/oxm_april/6.jpg

For all i know it could be bull****, and he purely did it for the money, or maybe a little bit of both, but i thought it was a beautiful analogy.

I do get the impression that its the passion for Duke which drove him to his decision, more so than a business investment.
    It was a very risky move from a business point of view, afterall.
    waveform wrote: »
    The ordinary PC version works out at under €30 delivered too.

Has the price gone up slightly recently?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duke-Nukem-Forever-PC-DVD/dp/B004JHY434/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297734003&sr=8-1#productPromotions

Tis working out at €31.30 now, definitely not the difference in the exchange rate in the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Has the price gone up slightly recently?
    Pretty sure it was £23.99 earlier in the month. which works out at around €30. I think.

Advertisement