Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Wash on Cork Road

• 03-09-2010 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know if the Mega Suds car wash on the Cork Rd opposite the Toyota garage still opens on Sunday's. I pass there on Sunday's and it is hit and miss as to if they are open. Even if they open early on a Saturday would suit so if anyone know I appreciate it.

These were the guys who used to be behind the Park filling station and they do a great job on the car.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Yep MegaSuds is open on Saturdays, I got mine done there last Saturday evening near 5pm. I dunno about Sundays.
    FREE Vacumn offer on at the moment to help drum up business.

The chap does a good job, I prefer going to him than the Ardkeen place. I always find missed spots when I go to Ardkeen. For me I think they are so busy they dont pay attention to the small details anymore.

MegaSuds had Qs of cars lined up when it was down at the Park Rd, it was a great location for it to be busy. It doesnt look as busy now since it moved to new location. Pity cause the guy does a good job washing and cleaning the car.

Took me a while to find MegaSuds again when it moved to Cork Rd (in Eddie Garrys old place) i thought MegaSuds had folded up for good when it disappeared from Park Rd Garage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

The chap does a good job, I prefer going to him than the Ardkeen place. I always find missed spots when I go to Ardkeen. For me I think they are so busy they dont pay attention to the small details anymore.

That doesn't make sense to me. They're a lot less busier than they used to be out in Noel's Car Wash. It used to be that you got there before 9:30am on Saturday mornings or you were in a queue of at least 10 cars. Now, you can be in and out in less than 10 mins. Never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

gscully wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense to me. They're a lot less busier than they used to be out in Noel's Car Wash. It used to be that you got there before 9:30am on Saturday mornings or you were in a queue of at least 10 cars. Now, you can be in and out in less than 10 mins. Never had a problem with them.
    anytime I have been there there has been a steady flow of cars behind me to be washed. Noel's Car Wash always looks busy to me when I pass by it.
    Maybe I should go there at 9.30am on Saturdays when business is slow. :D

Anyways Q time was never an issue for me with them. I think it is good to see a business busy. Just dont like waiting in a Q :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irish chris

reply to pocket yes mega suds are open 10am to 4pm on sundays,i enjoy sundays out there as there is loads of space to give the car a good vac n clean and no rush.

http://megasuds.yolasite.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭pocketvenus

reply to pocket yes mega suds are open 10am to 4pm on sundays,i enjoy sundays out there as there is loads of space to give the car a good vac n clean and no rush.

http://megasuds.yolasite.com/

Thanks for the that Irish Chris and everyone else. Great that I can get it vac too as the car is in need of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

must keep an eye out for them next time

do they clean alloys well?
    Always find Noels car wash to be lacking on the wheel cleaning..

how much is Mega Sudz?
    went to walshs cork rd nissan last week and they were good but sitll not what I was looking for..

Do Mega do a good wax?

reply to savic, the quality of mega suds was never an issue the only problem was finding them after they moved,i think mega is a EURO more than any,but it makes no difference if you are a tipper,but if you want a cheep wash there are plenty around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Run through the river of water outside Riverwalk today it would clean your car unreal how bad that road is today.

lol, guess thats y they call it river walk floods all over da gaff hope the farmers got all the crops in

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

im used to paying up to a 10er for a wash so as long as wheels are well cleaned and car is waxed I dont care how much

Last few times I got car washed in normal places, about a day later it didnt look washed, so Im def looking to try around .. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Wheel cleaning at Noel's is not good.

Advertisement