Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Haymarket, Cathedral Place?

• 03-09-2010 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the houses in that little part are like? Couple of friends and I could be living there for college?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

I would say its ok. But there are better places to live in limerick. I would not want to be walking around there at night on my own.
    Where you going to school?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Limerick Senior, the place says it's gated, but I'm still not sure...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I always tought that The Haymarket was a fine place, dont think it is gated though and if it is I never seen the gates closed ( is that place up by St.Johns Church )

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=91054 Thats it, that's all I know :S you can see it on the Map, it's either that or caherdavin..help!!:S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

campo wrote: »
    I always tought that The Haymarket was a fine place, dont think it is gated though and if it is I never seen the gates closed ( is that place up by St.Johns Church )

Tis gated alright... i run past it 3 times a week. Had a few mates living there during college and always found the place ok. And if you're female you can ogle the lads in Limerick fire brigade when they're training nextdoor! :D

Not forgetting 'Donkey' Fords for Chish and Fips and the Horse for breakfast!

Art college by chance?

• Advertisement

Don't have a clue what the last part ment haha, so you think it would be suitable, I'm going to Limerick senior then onto LSAD hopefully?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

A193 wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=91054 Thats it, that's all I know :S you can see it on the Map, it's either that or caherdavin..help!!:S

Whty do you say its either that or Caherdavin, there are plenty of other places you know? ;)

Yeah but there the main options for me now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

A193 wrote: »
    Don't have a clue what the last part ment haha, so you think it would be suitable, I'm going to Limerick senior then onto LSAD hopefully?

Horse n hound at the corner for the fry up. Donkey Fords down past the Cathedral for Fish n Chips. Sent u a PM bout the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

It's a great estate :) Yes it's gated, you need a fob for a car to enter, and every car needs a parking permit. The grounds are very well looked after, and it's really quiet. CCTV everywhere.

The area is one of the safest in Limerick city in my opinion. There used to be problems with street drinkers around the back of the Moose Bar, but this seems to be minimal nowadays.

I'd say go for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I lived there few years ago never had any problems, unless you count the pain in the but manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I know who you mean, he's the caretaker. It's a thankless job, but someone has to do it. It's tough always having to hassle people to pick up after their dogs, dispose of litter properly, etc., but he just wants the grounds to be kept well for everybodys use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

ive stayed in the haymarket. it is safe. its is gatd and the houses are nice. i never seen a problem with the place and as someone who grew up in the area i have no idea what people are talking about saing you wouldnt wanna be walking around there at night time. kinda ridiculous what people are saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Have to agree. Lived there myself a few years ago. It's nice and safe. Never had any problems walking into town at any time.

Have to agree. Lived there myself a few years ago. It's nice and safe. Never had any problems walking into town at any time.

Ah well I did get a little bit attacked walking to town one day but thats not because of where I was living, shouldn`t have walked the milk market way really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

theg81der wrote: »
    Ah well I did get a little bit attacked walking to town one day but thats not because of where I was living, shouldn`t have walked the milk market way really.

really???

i cant believe when i hear these stories all the time. i mean i live near there and have NEVER EVER had any trouble in my 25 years of existince

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I lived there for 5 yrs prior to the gates being installed and never ever had a problem there, only issue at the time was people parking their cars there and heading off to work or shopping..

Since the gates have been installed there is no such issue

Yea really, some drunk scary guy I managed to run away from him, got my hubby to collect me and rang the guards. All they basicly said was "ah thats paddy joe whatever its dole day you`ll have that". Worst of all other people seen it happen and stepped aside. Really freaked me out for a while, not saying its the area thou could have happened anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Just saw this thread now, is this still a safe area to live in?

Advertisement