Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards free speech my ass

Options
  • 03-09-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Ive been banned from the gigs and events forum for a post defending the new guns n roses, and axl. In the same motion, 'lordgoat' gave me an infraction saying 'take a hike', and two seconds later a full ban saying the reason was 'being a dick'. All for one post. Lovely stuff Mr.moderator.

I tried to post this in the 'prison' section however have been blocked from posting there aswell. It seems boards.ie while promoting a place for free speech, is also trying to control the meaning of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi there.

I've moved this from Feedback to the Help Desk as this is the proper place for a complaint about moderation. The Prison forum is only for people who have been sitebanned and that's why you can't post there.

Before any admin looks at your complaint, have you contacted the mod in question to discuss the infraction notice or ban? If you've contacted the mod and haven't received what you reckon is a satisfactory response, the next thing to do is to contact the category mods for Music by PM. The Music cmods are frobisher and Malice_

It's all explained in the current dispute resolution procedure. If you're not happy with what you get back from the cmods, we'll take a look at it.

Advertisement