Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browser caching issue?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I seem to be having some weird issue with Boards, but only when using Internet Explorer. Started yesterday but only with IE, Firefox/Chrome are fine.

If I go to boards.ie and log in, I see the 'Redirecting...' screen but when I'm redirected, I don't see 'Welcome, yahoo_moe' in the top bar. If I click on anything then though (e.g. go to a topic or 'My Threads' or anything) it shows me as logged in.

What's more annoying is that the site isn't always refreshing properly - e.g. I just posted in two separate Soccer forum threads, then went back to the main Soccer forum using the breadcrumb link at the bottom of the second thread but saw the same version of the page as before I'd posted (i.e. the 'Latest posts' column hadn't updated). I just opened Soccer in a new tab now too and I'm seeing the old version.

Any ideas how to fix this? I've been doing a bit of cache-clearing recently in IE because of a site I was updating which has probably affected it somehow.

Thanks.

EDIT: Having clicked back out to the Help Desk homepage just now, I had to manually refresh the page just to see this thread show up too.

Advertisement