Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edision Argus mini 2 in 1 - A few questions..

• 03-09-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all...

I have a few euro spare and was thinking about making a purchase. As posted elsewhere, I currently use a PlayTV for DTT and a Freesat HD for Satellite.

I would like to combine the two into one and this device seems to offer that and also allow me to use it as a PVR. I have a few questions though.
    1. Is there a firmware, official or not, that gives more than now and next for satellite tv?
    2. Do the DTT and Satellite channels share the same EPG?
    3. Can I record one channel whilst watching another?

Thanks,
    MJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

mjsmyth wrote: »
    Afternoon all...

I have a few euro spare and was thinking about making a purchase. As posted elsewhere, I currently use a PlayTV for DTT and a Freesat HD for Satellite.

I would like to combine the two into one and this device seems to offer that and also allow me to use it as a PVR. I have a few questions though.
    1. Is there a firmware, official or not, that gives more than now and next for satellite tv?
    2. Do the DTT and Satellite channels share the same EPG?
    3. Can I record one channel whilst watching another?

Thanks,
    MJ

1. No, now and next only for UK satellite.
    2. Yes, DTT and Sat share channel list and EPG seamlessley
    3. Only between same DTT MUX or same Sat transponder presently. Edision have promised a FW upgrade to allow watch one record another between tuners as the HW is capable. I am pushing hard to get this delivered at the soonest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

Hi Slegs,

Thanks for the replies. I will hopefully be in contact next week to make a purchase.

MJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Hi All

Apparently the watch terrestrial record satellite firmware has been released.

Take a backup of your settings and you should be able to apply the channel list back after

See below

http://www.argus-family.de/software/edisionargusmini_software_080910.zip

Please let me know how you get on...

regards
    slegs

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EdRey

I hooked up one of these over the weekend, and broadly speaking I'm very happy with it. I had a small audio/video sync problem with ITV1 HD, but after rescanning I found the channel on a different frequency and this didn't the have the audio delay.

One question regarding digital audio that I'm wondering has anyone else come across. The toslink audio output works fine, but the coaxial output doesn't seem to work at all. In fact, the connector itself is coloured black (I would expect orange for coaxial audio), and the label beside it reads "0/12V 50mA"??? Reading the (german) manual, it indicates that both of these are "audio related", but IMO the manual is out of kilter with the actual hardware. Anyone else got coaxial digital audio to work with this box? Anyone care to hazard a guess what this connector might actually be?

I've spoken to the retailer and they are going to touch base with his German supplier, but he didn't hold out much hope of getting a clear answer unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EdRey

2 photos of said connector

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Some switches (like Diseqc ones) use a 12v signal to switch between LNB's etc, I've seen a few receivers with this connection.

Advertisement