Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a printer in Cork

Options
  • 03-09-2010 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to buy a new printer My cat killed my last one but it was crap anyway. Cheap would be good. Ink also needs to be good value.

So does anyone know where's the best place to get one and if someone out there is really clever they may be able to recommend a certain one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

colour/b&w/photograph?
    just a printer or all in one?
    volume of printing per month?
    wireless/wired/anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

GSOIRL wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking to buy a new printer My cat killed my last one but it was crap anyway. Cheap would be good. Ink also needs to be good value.

So does anyone know where's the best place to get one and if someone out there is really clever they may be able to recommend a certain one.

My solution: Get rid of the cat... Seriously though...

Brother dcp 135c cost approx 50-70euro (newer models are out there) I have had mine for approx 2.5yrs and going strong. Quality very good to excellent. Prints, scans photos, colours and text perfectly in my experience. Plus it cleans itself now and again when it has been sitting for awhile.

Running costs very very low as it has 4 seperate cartridges that are low tech therefore v.easy to replace with similar cartridges bought online (not propietary cartridges).

They can be refilled easily as well by myself. I calculated my own refilling costs at approximately 4 euro for a complete refill using my own simple to follow method of dismantling the cartridges and injecting as such with ink from a cheap refill kit and then resealing with tape (v.low tech as I said). Tried and tested as working as good as with original cartridges.

Soundstore stock the printers when I last checked.

If you want further info on ink stockists (very cheap) or refilling options (even cheaper) then ask away and I will dig the address out.

The printer runs on vapours at times and has never let me down, yet.

I put up a thread on this awhile back but cannot find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

I got a printer/scanner in Harvey Normans. I think I paid 50euro. Watch out of the cost of the ink refills, some can cost more than the printer itself.

Advertisement