Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat Loaf -O2 18/12/10

Options
  • 03-09-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.theo2.ie/event/meatloaf/
    Another serving of the legendary performer for Irish audiences

Meat Loaf is back! Following Meat Loaf’s fantastically received North American shows this summer, he will be returning to Irish shores for the latest leg of his Hang Cool Tour.

After 30 years in the business, one of the world’s best performers returns to show that he’s still at the top of his game. His live performances have been thrilling crowds around the world with that unique voice and flamboyant stage presence.

Meat Loaf will play The O2, Dublin on 18 December. Tickets go on sale on Friday 10th September at 9.00am. Each ticket holder will receive a Special Edition copy of the Hang Cool Teddy Bear album featuring 4 exclusive live tracks from the recent North American tour, personally mixed by Meat Loaf himself.

This tour will see Meat return to arenas he has not been to since the 2007 tour. In Meat’s own words, he could not be happier to return to Ireland: “We’re gonna be kickin’ ass and takin’ names!”

One of the most successful recording artists of all time, with a string of major hits including 'Bat Out Of Hell', 'Dead Ringer For Love’ and 'I'd Do Anything For Love' he is renowned for the power and drama of his live shows. Meat Loaf’s debut album, ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ is still a firm favourite with fans around the globe. Since it’s release in 1977, the seminal album has sold more than 37 million copies and still sells around 200,000 copies every year. In the UK, the album has never left the charts! This year saw the release of Hang Cool Teddy Bear, an album of new music that lived up to the expectation of fans old and new.

This is your chance to see the legend that is Meat Loaf, back out of hell, hanging cool and back Ireland!

Meat Loaf
    Hang Cool Tour

The O2, Dublin
    18 December, 2010

Tickets on sale Friday 10th September at 9.00am

Was gonna post this as rumoured in the last few days, but now saw it on this site. Hope it not gonna sell out too fast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

Anyone wanna take a guess at the ticket price? Also would it be all seating for this type of gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Meat Loaf told me himself! :D

Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

higgz wrote: »
    Anyone wanna take a guess at the ticket price? Also would it be all seating for this type of gig?

From 59.80 according to mcd.com. i can't see this selling out so i may pick up a ticket closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

hynesie08 wrote: »
    From 59.80 according to mcd.com. i can't see this selling out so i may pick up a ticket closer to the date.

Hoping thats the way, especially some cheaper ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

my mother in looking for this. mite go with her. he's meant too be good live

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    my mother in looking for this. mite go with her. he's meant too be good live

He's hit and miss depending on his mood, but if you catch him on a hit, he's fu*king wonderful!

He's really happy with how this tour is going (until he and a lot of his crew got sick and had to cancel a few shows) but he loves his new album and is loving playing the songs live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

mars bar wrote: »
    He's hit and miss depending on his mood, but if you catch him on a hit, he's fu*king wonderful!

He's really happy with how this tour is going (until he and a lot of his crew got sick and had to cancel a few shows) but he loves his new album and is loving playing the songs live.

Haven't seen him since 1996, worth going to these days? (like is it hit more times than miss?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I saw him twice in London years ago. I must have gone on his bad days.

Haven't seen him since 1996, worth going to these days? (like is it hit more times than miss?)

I saw him in Bundoran in 2008 and it was very much hit! He also went down well in Cork.

His shows have been getting good reviews in America at the moment so I'd say it's more hit than miss. Although that could be different by Christmas!

Put it this way, it won't be any where near a Guns'N'Roses miss!

O2 Priority tickets on sale on Wednesday morning at 9am.

Standing down the front and also tiered seating so no need to worry about getting good seats with standing tickets! :)

Can't wait! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Picked up 3 x standing tickets today with O2, first time seeing the big man himself :)

Got my standing ticket today. Whoo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Apparently everyone who goes gets a free CD on entry, don't know what's on it or what's about....check out Ticketmaster.co.uk as it's mentioned on the Event Info section of the Newcastle gig and it must apply to all dates on the tour

Apparently everyone who goes gets a free CD on entry, don't know what's on it or what's about....check out Ticketmaster.co.uk as it's mentioned on the Event Info section of the Newcastle gig and it must apply to all dates on the tour

It's 4 extra songs from a live concert in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Got 2 seated tickets. This will be my 3rd time seeing him - the point and RDS.

Both times he was brill, however that was a few years ago.

Looking at the set list, he seems to be playing a few old songs which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I saw him in Bundoran in 2008 and it was very much hit! He also went down well in Cork.

His shows have been getting good reviews in America at the moment so I'd say it's more hit than miss. Although that could be different by Christmas!

Put it this way, it won't be any where near a Guns'N'Roses miss!

if you remember he called off that show in bundoran an hour or so before it was meant to start and scheduled it for the next day, yes he had his reasons but it didn't go off without a hitch

his voice wasn't great that night either, he would have been struggling big time had it not been for Patti Russo, i saw him in 1998 in the rds and he was fantastic that night

rossie1977 wrote: »
    if you remember he called off that show in bundoran an hour or so before it was meant to start and scheduled it for the next day, yes he had his reasons but it didn't go off without a hitch

his voice wasn't great that night either, he would have been struggling big time had it not been for Patti Russo, i saw him in 1998 in the rds and he was fantastic that night

Of course I remember, we got our pic in the Irish Independent coz of it! :D

But seeing the hole that came in the tent and the water that poured in the night of the gig, I'm not surprised he postponed it. It wasn't his fault, it was the tents fault!

I thought he was fairly good that night. I heard some horror stories so I was pleasantly surprised.

I hope Patti comes on this tour too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Hope he doesnt do too many songs from Hang Cool Teddy Bear... IMO its down there with Midnight and Blind Before I Stop...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

No Out of the frying pan(and into the fire) on the setlist:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Should be a good gig, depending on the songs really, but Meat Loaf really disappoints

His "3 Bats Live" DVD is nothing short of phenomenal

Does anyone know who is lead female vocalist is for this tour? Is it that Amber girl from his previous one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

saw him at the marquee in cork a few years back. His voice is gone, but still put on an excellent show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Should be a good gig, depending on the songs really, but Meat Loaf really disappoints

His "3 Bats Live" DVD is nothing short of phenomenal

Does anyone know who is lead female vocalist is for this tour? Is it that Amber girl from his previous one?

I think you are probably talking about Aspen Miller - http://www.google.ie/images?hl=en&source=imghp&biw=1280&bih=909&q=aspen+miller&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

She was some hottie on the 3 Bats Tour. She's gone now though :( but on the plus side I think Patti Russo is back touring with him.

This will be my 5th Time to See Meat Loaf in Concert - first being an epic concert in the RDS Simmons Court in 1998 for the Greatest Hits Tour.

He has yet to disappoint me...I am loving that "Like a Rose" song on Hang Cool...

As usual with his gigs I am just waiting for "2 outta 3 ain't Bad"

There's loadsa songs I would love to hear off other albums though that he never plays such as ""Where the Rubber Meets the Road" (he did sing it at one of his gigs) from the WTTN album and "Read 'em and Weel" from Dead Ringer.

Whatever the setlist.... I cannot wait

Patti is on tour I think but CC isn't doing this tour.

He's opening with "Hot Patootie" apparently! :D

Patti is on tour I think but CC isn't doing this tour.

He's opening with "Hot Patootie" apparently! :D

Hmmm cool. Haven't heard him perform that song in a good few years. Off topic, but I went to see the Rocky Horror Show in October in the Grand Canal... really amazing production and great craic - and a special guest appearance from Richard O'Brien

Uriel. wrote: »
    Hmmm cool. Haven't heard him perform that song in a good few years. Off topic, but I went to see the Rocky Horror Show in October in the Grand Canal... really amazing production and great craic - and a special guest appearance from Richard O'Brien

I think it's to coincide with the recent Glee episode and the release of RH on Blu - Ray.

Richard was there! Aw, wish I went now.

I think it's to coincide with the recent Glee episode and the release of RH on Blu - Ray.

Richard was there! Aw, wish I went now.

Yep came on at the end to do a reprise of the Time Warp. Was really an epic production. So much fun and great actors and singers... was really a blast...

Uriel. wrote: »
    She was some hottie on the 3 Bats Tour. She's gone now though :( but on the plus side I think Patti Russo is back touring with him.

That's right, that was her, she did We Will Rock You in Las Vegas!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 p1murray

Anyone will to take 70 for 2 Meatloaf tickets for Saturday ?

If the weather forecast is to be believed, it's gonna be a cold one waiting outside on Saturday. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

wonder how the ticket sales are going for this? just wondering will it be the case of having to get down there reeaaally early to get a good spot standing or will it be more chilled out? i am a Meat Loaf virgin so not sure what to expect :) although i know i will love it either way....

from checking out the set lists from the UK gigs, it looks like its going to be a good one...im waiting for "Dead Ringer" - looks like its the encore/finale...cannot wait!!

Advertisement