Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat Loaf -O2 18/12/10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

wonder how the ticket sales are going for this? just wondering will it be the case of having to get down there reeaaally early to get a good spot standing or will it be more chilled out? i am a Meat Loaf virgin so not sure what to expect :) although i know i will love it either way....

from checking out the set lists from the UK gigs, it looks like its going to be a good one...im waiting for "Dead Ringer" - looks like its the encore/finale...cannot wait!!

Dead Ringer is great live!

I think "2 out 3 ain't bad" will be the shock gem if any. And I really hope Hot Patootie is played.

Yeah I'd like to know how early to queue too...
    when I went to the gig in Bundoran, the capacity was a lot less and queuing up about 45 mins before the gig got ya in the first 2 or 3 rows.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Anyone know what time meatloaf will be on stage at? Im goin to the leinster game in the aviva and want to miss as little of the match as possible?

collybyrne wrote: »
    Anyone know what time meatloaf will be on stage at? Im goin to the leinster game in the aviva and want to miss as little of the match as possible?

It says 7.45 on the mcd website but I think Pearl is the support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

anyone know if he is actually in the country! just going on the weather forecast tomorrow could be pretty bad! id actually cry if this got cancelled and would be a serious bah humbug for the festive period

Anyone gone from Galway to Dub during the bad weather? just trying to get an idea of how long to give it to get up

anyone know if he is actually in the country! just going on the weather forecast tomorrow could be pretty bad! id actually cry if this got cancelled and would be a serious bah humbug for the festive period

Anyone gone from Galway to Dub during the bad weather? just trying to get an idea of how long to give it to get up

I have to get GoBus tomorrow for this concert and you know what? I'm seriously contemplating giving the gig a miss because A) I don't want to be half way to Dublin to get turned around and B) Getting the bus after the gig back to Galway and it having to turn back would be catostrophic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

+1 if the concert was cancelled. I don't think the weather will be bad enough for it to be cancelled. Think the east is meant to be better then else where.

Have been playing meatloaf all day to get me in the mood :D

If I don't get to this and it's not cancelled, I will not be happy. However, if I don't get to it and it is cancelled, I'll get some perverse pleasure out of the fact I didn't miss anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

mars bar wrote: »
    It says 7.45 on the mcd website but I think Pearl is the support act.

Thanks mars bar. Id imagine pearl are starting that time so would you say meat loaf would be on stage around nine?

collybyrne wrote: »
    Thanks mars bar. Id imagine pearl are starting that time so would you say meat loaf would be on stage around nine?

Yeah I'd say 9 would be a safe enough estimate.

Have to pass on this today... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sheraciara

Hi,

I have one standing ticket for tonight, I can't go because I have the flu :(
    Face value is €76, I will sell it for any reasonable offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

im just commencing the Gal - Dub trip...god i hope its better in the east like they are saying! has he landed i wonder? all London airports are closed so i hear..i dont know why i am assuming he would be coming from here :)

im just commencing the Gal - Dub trip...god i hope its better in the east like they are saying! has he landed i wonder? all London airports are closed so i hear..i dont know why i am assuming he would be coming from here :)

Have fun, wish I could be there.

He was in Glasgow last night so would have been flying from there I would imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

We travelled up to Dulbin yesterday on the GoBus. Only took just over 2.5 hours. Weather is Dublin is fine at the minute, in much better shape than Galway. If anyone is worried about driving, just get GoBus or Citylink up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

good gig but i've seen better from him. Wasn't thrilled hearing tracks from hang cool and neither were lots around me cos they went out to the toilet or drinks. Patti was awesome. Pearl has a great voice but her material would put an insomiac to sleep. He's new basist looked good but the new piano man not a patch on mark alexander. Overall i'd give it 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Bards

smilerf wrote: »
    good gig but i've seen better from him. Wasn't thrilled hearing tracks from hang cool and neither were lots around me cos they went out to the toilet or drinks. Patti was awesome. Pearl has a great voice but her material would put an insomiac to sleep. He's new basist looked good but the new piano man not a patch on mark alexander. Overall i'd give it 7

I thought Meat was great. I got tickets for the seated area, however, there were these four women directly in front of me that would not sit down. WTF - if they wanted to stand they should have been down on the floor. I paid a premium for seating and even after complaing to staff and being told numerous times to sit down they still were alollwed to get away with it.

Seems like a letter to MCD requesting half my money back as my view and experience was utterly destroyed:mad:

I really enjoyed it. I was seated and had a great view.

He did play a few songs from the new album, but that is to be expected from an artist that releases a new CD. To expect anything else is naive. I had checked the set list and had listened to songs from the new album on you tube, so even though they weren't my favourites, I recognised them.

Also there were more band solos then there used to be - but the man is 63!! He did pretty damn good for a 63 year old. He played all the old classics although he changed some of the melodies in places.

Patti was legend, and really liked the blow up doll.

Thought the crowd took a while to warm up but once they did it was ace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Bards wrote: »
    I thought Meat was great. I got tickets for the seated area, however, there were these four women directly in front of me that would not sit down. WTF - if they wanted to stand they should have been down on the floor. I paid a premium for seating and even after complaing to staff and being told numerous times to sit down they still were alollwed to get away with it.

Seems like a letter to MCD requesting half my money back as my view and experience was utterly destroyed:mad:

you wont get a cent back so dont waste money on a stamp.

just because you buy a seat for a gig there is no rule saying you have to sit down.

if it bothered you that much you should have ratted to the many stewarts the venue has.

was one em blonde and the other brunette. I was seated in the wheelchair area directly opposite. They were quite annoYing. The young girl told em about 5 times and even got security. I woulda fired em out

was one em blonde and the other brunette. I was seated in the wheelchair area directly opposite. They were quite annoYing. The young girl told em about 5 times and even got security. I woulda fired em out

yep, sure was - my wife has cancer so couldn;t stand as she would get tired - we didn;t get exactly what we paid for so if mcd don;t even acknowledge my letter than i will be prepared to fork out €25 for the privillage of brining a claim to the small claims court to stop this happening again

• Advertisement

yep, sure was - my wife has cancer so couldn;t stand as she would get tired - we didn;t get exactly what we paid for so if mcd don;t even acknowledge my letter than i will be prepared to fork out €25 for the privillage of brining a claim to the small claims court to stop this happening again
    dont fancy your chances but its good to see someone make a stand (no pun intended)
    they were annoying me too cos i was right at the aisle wearing the arsenal top
    drink was to blame me thinks

dont fancy your chances but its good to see someone make a stand (no pun intended)
    they were annoying me too cos i was right at the aisle wearing the arsenal top
    drink was to blame me thinks

first item on the back of tickets under the T&C's about being evictaed if causing a nuisance comes to mind;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I thought it was awesome gig.

I seen him first in 1998 and though I guess he is slighlty less active on stage now compared to then, he still pulled off an amazing show and his voice was great. I think he's adapted is performances very well to his advancing years etc...

I am not sure why anyone would be complaining about him playing songs from Hang Cool Teddy Bear :confused::confused::confused:. I mean the tour is "The Teddy Bear" tour to promote the album. I like a good proportion of that album anyway and he covered most of his big classics. I have to say I could have gone home after "bat out of hell" (3rd song on the setlist). It was just amazing - I had tingles up my spine listening to it.

I was a little disappointed that nothing was played from Bat 3 but with so many songs to fit in I guess it was difficult.

Patricia Russo is a great singer and was delighted to see her again - though I do miss Aspen (great singer in her own right but mostly cos she's just hot hot hot).

Also missed Kasim not being there, truly love that guy when he picks up a guitar/bass.

I thought the piano player was pretty good to be honest. Mark Alexander (the previous piano player) is a savage musician, no doubt, but the new guy wasn't half bad either...

Must say though... Paul Crook... Lead Guitarist.... Legend... he's definitely been my favorite Meat Loaf Guitarist over the years with the obvious exception of the Genius that is Todd Rundgren.

All in all a wonderful gig and I truly hope to see him again before he calls it a day. Would love another Greatest Hits style tour...

if it aint broke break it was played from bat 3 if i recall. Guess i just don't like hang cool. Its too heavy for me. But each to their own. I kinda miss aspen she was good in 07 or 08 show. Great singer and hot as hell. Apparently it was her acting the song led to her demise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

if it aint broke break it was played from bat 3 if i recall. Guess i just don't like hang cool. Its too heavy for me. But each to their own. I kinda miss aspen she was good in 07 or 08 show. Great singer and hot as hell. Apparently it was her acting the song led to her demise

oooops you are absolutely right, completely forgot that he paid "if it ain't broke":o

Admittedly, I didn't particularly like Hang Cool at first but I have given it a good chance since and do actually really like now. Not as much some of his other stuff but it is definitely growing on me. Having said that, I am a die hard Meat fan so I supposed I am definitely biased.

Aspen is seriously hot and a great singer too. Unfortunately the Paradise "baseball play by" scene didn't go down well people when Aspen was doing it with Meat. I think the age gap was too big an issue. I can't say I minded it to be honest, but I don't really care about the connotations involved that people were seeing, but I can understand people's viewpoint on it. But looking at her on stage strutting her stuff in those hot pants.... woooow! :-)

I would love to see a Meat Loaf / Jim Steinman full on collobaration again for a complete album. I can't see it happening at this stage though. :(

I think I was just to the right of them. Luckily where I was every one stayed seated (I dont stand as I have a bad back).

Dinkie wrote: »
    I think I was just to the right of them. Luckily where I was every one stayed seated (I dont stand as I have a bad back).
    ye the brunette wasn't so bad but the blonde one was really ignorant

Advertisement