Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones - UK/Europe Tour November

Options
  • 03-09-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

Have been following when these were gonna announce tour dates for Europe, and now they've confirmed the first one as being in Oslo, Norway on November 28th.
    Oslo Headline Show Announced
    Deftones will perform November 28 in Oslo, Norway at Sentrum Scene with special guests Coheed and Cambria. Tickets go on-sale this Saturday, September 4 at 10am local time

Also -- stay tuned for a big announcement coming Monday

The big announcement will be a UK tour, prob like a package tour a lá A7X/SS. Funnily enough, when I heard when they were coming, I said Coheed & Cambria would be the other band. Not far wrong anyway!

Will an Irish date be included do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Caught them last time for both shows in the Ambassador. Would love to see them play the Academy, by golly they better play here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Like a good few of there songs and wouldnt mind catching them if they pop over here. Seen C&C on the Kerrang Tour and werent bad. Presume they will play the Olympia if they do play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I saw these at download and although not a fan they blew me away, i didn't understand the excitement until the density of the sound actuallt pulled the legs from underneath me, it was like getting a slipper to the face when he hit that first note.

I also guessed yeah there gonna tour the uk christmas time :) happy days. Olympia would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Mushy wrote: »
    Will an Irish date be included do people think?

hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rhythm90

****ing class! Please please please play Dublin! Big Deftones fan! Abe Cunningham is a god! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It does say more dates to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It does say more dates to be announced

And very shortly. My theory is Irish dates are always (or nearly) announced after the English shows. Dunno why, but they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rhythm90

Coheed and Cambria supporting too... Would be an amazing gig!

I seriously hope they come to Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd pay just to see Coheed again even though I'm not wild about the latest by them, Deftones following that would be just a second orgasm :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

ahem eargasm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

If not playing an Irish gig i would advise anyone willing to travel, to take in the Luxembourg Gig, its tiny little venue(800 i think) so very intimate...

If not playing an Irish gig i would advise anyone willing to travel, to take in the Luxembourg Gig, its tiny little venue(800 i think) so very intimate...

Shame it's in luxembourg........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

:confused:hi guys

I keep hearing rumors that the Deftones might be coming in the new year for a gig..;-D

Now this would prove me that santa does excist so did anyone heard anything about a potentional gig as well?

:confused:hi guys

I keep hearing rumors that the Deftones might be coming in the new year for a gig..;-D

Now this would prove me that santa does excist so did anyone heard anything about a potentional gig as well?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got tickets for the Leeds gig yesterday. Birthday present to the gf, better be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

I quote from Wikipedia:

"Charts and sales

Diamond Eyes was expected to sell between 55,000 and 60,000 records in the U.S. during its first week, based on day one sales, according to Hits Daily Double.[34] The album sold 62,000 copies in the U.S. and debuted at number 6 on the Billboard 200.[35]

<b>With the notable exception of Ireland, Diamond Eyes has been relatively successful in international charts.</b>"

god damn you Ireland, if only you bought the album, Deftones might be here right now instead of Glascow!!

Icarian wrote: »
    I quote from Wikipedia:

"Charts and sales

Diamond Eyes was expected to sell between 55,000 and 60,000 records in the U.S. during its first week, based on day one sales, according to Hits Daily Double.[34] The album sold 62,000 copies in the U.S. and debuted at number 6 on the Billboard 200.[35]

<b>With the notable exception of Ireland, Diamond Eyes has been relatively successful in international charts.</b>"

god damn you Ireland, if only you bought the album, Deftones might be here right now instead of Glascow!!

****!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What position did the album chart here, as a matter of interest?

The Irish album chart is a strange one, a lot of rock bands that appear to have a real following have no-shows on the chart at the expense of the latest year-old price-reduced pop album or greatest hits compilation that has been around for an age. I think this is simply the result of illegal downloading.

well normaly as long as the band is famous/international known they would come play here the advantage of not being huge maybe sales wise means they would play in a smaller venue (great in my opinion as i love them!)

However, its all up to the record company and the promoter at this point...cross fingers;)

maybe Oxegen 2011, who knows..

• Advertisement

well normaly as long as the band is famous/international known they would come play here the advantage of not being huge maybe sales wise means they would play in a smaller venue (great in my opinion as i love them!)

However, its all up to the record company and the promoter at this point...cross fingers;)

I'm pretty sure we all know.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Jesus no!

Beekay wrote: »
    Jesus no!

If they ever did play Poxegen (which wont happen) they would prob stick them on the Hot Press Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The last time they played Dublin it was the exact weekend as Oxegen.

I would love if Oxegen had a theme for a certain stage either Vodafone or Green Room when they had say a Metal/HArd Rock line up

If they ever did play Poxegen (which wont happen) they would prob stick them on the Hot Press Stage

That would be awesome though.

I would love if Oxegen had a theme for a certain stage either Vodafone or Green Room when they had say a Metal/HArd Rock line up

If we could just have the 5th stage this year. :D All of these bands are pretty trendy aswell like, it's not like your throwing in saxon and napalm death.

Friday:
    Cancer Bats
    Pulled Apart By Horses
    Rolo Tomassi

Saturday:
    Black Spiders
    Gama Bomb
    lower than atlantis

Sunday:
    Skindred
    crime in stereo
    your demise

It's always possible we'd get bands like therapy?, lostprophets, airbourne, alter bridge, coheed and cambria kinda token rock bands.

But it would be great just to throw in My Dying Bride up on the second stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

The last time they played Dublin it was the exact weekend as Oxegen.

Yeah, I missed them last time, I was at Oxegen to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the Stadium Arcadium tour... I'm not going back again if I can help it though... I was tempted back in 2008 for RATM, but it just wasn't worth it, so thats my last one...

The Ambassador would be great though! or Vicar Street, Temple Bar Music Centre... just anywhere but the O2...

I think Diamond Eyes didn't do well over here because of rip off prices, I buy my CD's online, and I'm sure many others here do too, but that doesn't show up on domestic charts.

That would be awesome though.

+1
    ;)

I dont care where they play, oxegen or not as long as its Dublin

Not a chance it would be the 02 so chances are Olympia or if im very lucky the ambassador..cross fingers, in any case wher ever they play i will be;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Icarian wrote: »
    Yeah, I missed them last time, I was at Oxegen to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the Stadium Arcadium tour... I'm not going back again if I can help it though... I was tempted back in 2008 for RATM, but it just wasn't worth it, so thats my last one...

The Ambassador would be great though! or Vicar Street, Temple Bar Music Centre... just anywhere but the O2...

I think Diamond Eyes didn't do well over here because of rip off prices, I buy my CD's online, and I'm sure many others here do too, but that doesn't show up on domestic charts.

The ambassador is no longer a music venue

Advertisement