Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen Carpark........

Options
  • 03-09-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I paid for a carpark ticket for oxegen back in June. I purchased on ticketmaster online. However, on Friday morning, July 9th, we were turned away by guards at naas as the carpark was closed as it was full and we were advised to park and ride at goffs. This was extremely inconvenient as myself and 3 of my friends had packed the car full and had planned to take trips to and from the car for supplies down at oxegen. Instead, we had to carry all of our things with us... tents, bags, camping chairs, food, drink etc etc, and still had to leave stuff behind.

I appreciate the goffs service was free but I bought the ticket for a reason and we were not prepared to get the bus over and back.

To make matters worse, when we got there we met people in the queue who had just parked in the blue carpark. The next morning another one of our friends came down and parked in the blue carpark so we decided to get the return bus to goffs and pick up the car. But when we got there we were told we would not get into the blue carpark.

I have complained to ticketmaster but nothing has been done. It's not because of the 30euro, its the huge inconvenience we were caused and the fact that we paid for a service I did not receive and that was still available to some customers!!

Anyone else have this exerience or have any advice?
    It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

you won't get any joy from ticketmaster or the promotors, to be fair they didn't turn you away it was the guards. The fact that others got to the car park afterwards shows that the facility was available.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You didn't plan properly tbh, had you gotten to the carpark early enough then you wouldn't have had a problem. Instead you assumed you'd be ok at an extremely busy event.

As said above ticketmaster didn't tell you that you cou;dn't use the carpark the Gardai did, ticket master can't really over rule the Gardai so they are not at fault.

Gardai likely did it at the time for health and safety reasons's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Cabaal wrote: »
    You didn't plan properly tbh, had you gotten to the carpark early enough then you wouldn't have had a problem. Instead you assumed you'd be ok at an extremely busy event.

As said above ticketmaster didn't tell you that you cou;dn't use the carpark the Gardai did, ticket master can't really over rule the Gardai so they are not at fault.

This is bull tbh.

Would you be happy with the line "You didn't plan properly" if you were turned away by the guards from the concert its self because it was too full.

This is surely the promoters fault, you sell X amount of car park tickets, you should be able to park X amount of cars safely. I cant see how anyone could think otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Cabaal wrote: »

I agree with witnessmenow, if the promoters are selling tickets for something you should get what you paid for. lets say they sold 3000 parking tickets, they should have marked off 3000 parking palaces for people and let the Gardai know that people with these tickets had a guaranteed space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I agree, I would write to ticketmaster explaining the situation and what you expect to be given, give them 14 days to reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement