Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Squirrel

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Claggan

Been living in Donegal (lots of old and new forestry about) for over twenty years now and just saw my first two squirrels running down the lane in front of me yesterday. Not close enough to verify type .... and today a big discussion on RTE about them ... are we having a resurgence ....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

I saw a red squirrel a couple of weeks ago in the woods at the top of Three Rock, sitting in a patch of sunlight in the middle of the upper MTB track. Beautiful colour.

I also just saw one in Djouce Woods yesterday. Very surprised as I've never seen one on any of my many Wicklow walks (I did see a few in Glenariff Forest Park in the Glens of Antrim).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Coincidentally I saw my first one in Ireland today at Landenstown Bridge on the Grand Canal (near Prosperous, Co. Kildare).

Unfortunately it was roadkill but it shows that they're there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭mossie

I've seen quite a few in North west cork recently mostly around Newmarket including one in the town itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Saw one up near Ballivor co meath there a few weeks back first one I have seen in years .

Advertisement