Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Download Allowance?

• 03-09-2010 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

don't know if this has been mentioned on here before, but I was wondering if anyone is having problems with recent charges for exceeding eircom's limits?

I have had there 1mb, then 3mb broadband for several years now. Over the last year when I have had the 3mb bb I have downloaded a lot on the internet, in some cases 20gb + a day.

Recently, they updraded us to a 8mb next generation broadband which is great, but also slapped a hefty 1.65 per gb for exceeding the 30gb a month cap.

I rang them up and said it has always been like this but we were never charged for it. I said I wanted to go back to the original package we had and they said it was not possible. After researching the website you can pay for an "advanced packeage"at the cost of 20 euro per month with no limit on downloads etc.

Anyone else have this happen? is this just another way of eircom scamming us for their so called free upgrade speed? :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The advanced package is only available with the 7.6mbit package I think....I could be wrong.

Therefore you must pay the bundle charge for 7.6mbit/8mbits + €20 or around €75-€80 a month total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

this came about when eircom introduced next gen BB.It only effects customers who have been upgraded to NGB.
    The maximim they extra they will charge you will be the same as the advanced package, so i assume that is 20 quid is the most extra they will chagre you.

You can check your usage at www.eircom.net/usagemeter
    this only works for customers already on NGB.

Advertisement