Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please with grant application

Options
  • 03-09-2010 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Im having bit of trouble with my grant application...part of it is were you have to show proof of residence for 3 of the last 5 years and this is were i am stuck, i can only supply paperwork for 2 of the years as i have no other evidence and i was here by the way!, the lady in the office is not helpful at all and i really dont no what to do.

What i thought of is getting a letter from my solicitor to say he knows me and and verify my residence, would this work or is there anything else i can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

trixyben wrote: »
    What i thought of is getting a letter from my solicitor to say he knows me and and verify my residence, would this work or is there anything else i can do?

Thanks

Have you any old goverment letters at all ? P60s P45s ? Solicitor letter is a good idea. If you log onto PAYE you can request P21's, PAYE Anytime is available for the current and previous 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭trixyben

Chorcai wrote: »
    Have you any old goverment letters at all ? P60s P45s ? Solicitor letter is a good idea. If you log onto PAYE you can request P21's, PAYE Anytime is available for the current and previous 4 years.

Hi thanks for your feedback, i must get onto the PAYE see what they can help with, i didnt have any letters at all due to a house fire and had to go through some pain to get everything required only for this to hold up my application...

I am going to get a solicitors letter and a letter from my local county councilor to confirm my details, i hope this is excepted...is there anything else i can give can you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Hi thanks for your feedback, i must get onto the PAYE see what they can help with, i didnt have any letters at all due to a house fire and had to go through some pain to get everything required only for this to hold up my application...

I am going to get a solicitors letter and a letter from my local county councilor to confirm my details, i hope this is excepted...is there anything else i can give can you think?

Just go to your local tax office and request a P21 for all the years you require. The revenue are relly quick at issuing these, you should have it in a few days and you might even get some tax back too.
    If you have paye online self service then you can do it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Send in a personal statement saying you had a house fire attached a insurance claim (guessing you made one) to prove there was. Just explain in very plain english for the PS workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You could also ask for copy bank statements from 3 or 4 years ago

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mawgs

Yea about the grant application, I was outa d country for 4 months and they only want a solicitors letter from me to see what i was up 2 and how i lived over there.. does anyone know how much these things (letters) cost..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    You could also ask for copy bank statements from 3 or 4 years ago

I think I requested Copy Bank Statements before for something, and what they sent out didn't have my Address on it, they were what looked like a copy kept for filing purposes, they didn't look like regular Bank Statements. But no good when address is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

Hi Trixyben,
    I had the same trouble as you, I couldn't prove that I had been living there for 3 years as I had mail going to my parents address. i asked Dublin City Council, and was told I could go to a commissioner for oaths and swear an affidavit that I was living in my residence.
    This I did. There are loads of them about town, bring the letter typed yourself, and a copy or two, they will then either re-type it and stamp it or just stamp it.
    Cost was about 10 or 15 euro.
    G
    Hi folks,

Im having bit of trouble with my grant application...part of it is were you have to show proof of residence for 3 of the last 5 years and this is were i am stuck, i can only supply paperwork for 2 of the years as i have no other evidence and i was here by the way!, the lady in the office is not helpful at all and i really dont no what to do.

Thanks

Advertisement