Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Spin 20100904

• 03-09-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭

2 of us leaving at 10am from Islandbridge doing something similar to this route. 70 Kms.

The pace won't be lightning but we will be keeping stoppages to a mimimum.

Anyone want to join?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Saturday Spin 20100904

thats a lot of boards spins you've had there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Its the start of my one man campaign to have the date format reversed. It makes so much more sense to have it YYYYMMDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Its the start of my one man campaign to have the date format reversed. It makes so much more sense to have it YYYYMMDD.

4th september 2010

shame you cant do superscripts on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

would have done this one sunday how do you come across m50 on naas road?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

2 of us leaving at 10am from Islandbridge doing something similar to this route. 70 Kms.

The pace won't be lightning but we will be keeping stoppages to a mimimum.

Anyone want to join?
    Finally someone agrees with my logic. If you resave the same file followed by this format the latest version will always be at the end of the list ! (Saves as LastGasps Posts-100904)

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    would have done this one sunday how do you come across m50 on naas road?
    Sometimes I cycle straight through other times I double back and go towards the Luas stop and take the cycle path but its a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I'm still in bed listening to rain hit the roof tiles like someone's throwing gravel.

You poor bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Sometimes I cycle straight through other times I double back and go towards the Luas stop and take the cycle path but its a pain.

have you tried going straight on at newlands cross rather than turning right, so taking right on nangor road to pass over m50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Maybe the participants would like to write a review of the efficacy of the waterproof properties of the clothing they brought to counter this morning's challenging conditions?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

100Suns wrote: »
    Maybe the participants would like to write a review of the efficacy of the waterproof properties of the clothing they brought to counter this morning's challenging conditions?:eek:

Glorious sunny day in the SW. 'bout time that Dublin got some rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

How was it? Had the alarm set for 9 to head out, got woken up at half 7 by thunder - I'm a VERY heavy sleeper and rarely get woken - this thunder sounded like the world was ending though!

Woke up then again at 9, thought "Doesn't sound too bad outside", cue the torrential downpour. Rolled over for a lie in and decided to hit the gym instead.

Rain, wind, fog, warm, cold, hills. Great Spin.

It wasn't raining when I left Artane. Had to go to cycleways to get a pump, so didn't get to starting point till 10:30. Stood under the arch at the museum of modern art for 15mins. Then decided to start. Stopped immediately at a bus stop due to torrential rail. Then started again at 11:00 when the rain lightened. Then it kinda stayed light till we got to the viewpoint. It stopped between Viewpoint and Glencree. Then the flog and the headwind kicked in until the sally gap. Came home over bohernabreena.

It was actually grand, i've been out in alot more miserable conditions.

I had a light nike baselayer, a warm canterbury long base layer, a jersey and a dhb eVent rain jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

150km for me with 1,500m climbing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Where Blorg and is he doing a diary like his last big trip.
    Mike

Advertisement