Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will this summer weather end?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Probably the only one in the world but I really really hate the summer.

When will this hot weather end and we feel the cooler air of autumn??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's not hot! :D

It'll be the end of September before we get typically Autumnal temperatures (avg. 12 degrees), but it's a fairly quick dive down then - mid to late October the avg. temps drop below 10 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Hot?

Travel south and you'll know what hot is. This is pleasant. Come November and December, I bet you'll be complaining its too cold.

Ireland has too Goldilocks figures - it'll never be "just right".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This is perfect weather,not too hot and nice and dry. Lovely.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Bring back -10! I will never say that it's too cold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Elmo5 wrote: »
    Bring back -10! I will never say that it's too cold :D

Down with this sort of thing!:D

down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg

• Advertisement

haha! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This weather is nowhere near hot, its nice and warm, wish it would last till october. I was in Spain for 2 weeks recently and it was generally 38C most days, sometimes higher and it's like sitting around in a sauna, which I enjoy. The currently weather of 19-22C would be below of what most other European countries get throughout the summer and early Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

this weekend:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

this weekend:(

Indeed - Its always guaranteed to go downhill on weekends that have major outdoor music events;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

officially ended here about an hour ago :mad:
    after a week looking out the workshop door at glorious warm sunny weather :mad:

ah well roll on the storms,ice days and big heavy snowflakes blowing around in the bitter easterly wind :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

It's raining over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

amazing day in cork - sunny, light winds and my car thermometer hit 27.5 at one point (obviously not accurate but i haven't personally seen it hit those heights too often)

looks like tomorrow is the end of the summer though - heavy rain tomorrow night and mon by the looks of things.

This is more like it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Elmo5 wrote: »
    This is more like it! :D
    This should cool you down :pac:

33u30op.jpg

*not tonights forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Actually 5-10 cms worked out great for the rainfall forecast.

Now if all that was snow ... Ireland today would be covered by an average of 50 cms of snow, Laois about 1.25 metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Actually 5-10 cms worked out great for the rainfall forecast.

Now if all that was snow ... Ireland today would be covered by an average of 50 cms of snow, Laois about 1.25 metres.

one could only dream M.T. :pac:

Advertisement