Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat exam results

Options
  • 03-09-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I have a quick query. Do ULAA send out letters prior to the the results being released on Monday if someone did not pass their exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I'm wondering the same thing! It's absolutely crazy that they are up Monday morning, why not Friday evening, surely it amounts to the same thing? The results have been approved since the academic council meeting earlier in the week, so there seems to be no reason why they can't go up. I'm starting a MBS in UL on Monday, and the results are also out Monday, meaning as of Monday morning, I don't know what course I'm in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

I couldn't agree more, it's a kick in the face to everyone who is waiting on results.

It shouldn't be allowed, it causes a large amount of stress and makes it impossible to be fully ready for the coming year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I couldn't agree more, it's a kick in the face to everyone who is waiting on results.

It shouldn't be allowed, it causes a large amount of stress and makes it impossible to be fully ready for the coming year.

This is definitely true. For the main lot of exams I can easily understand having a fixed date for exam results as it does not have as big an effect upon students. A lot of people wait on repeat results either for a job opportunity, if they have to repeat the year or if they have to give up their college course all together. Right now the results could be available but they will not be available until Monday leading to a stressful weekend for many people.

I received an email saying that I'm to attend an all day induction to second year starting at 9.30am on Monday morning.

This pretty much means that I can't stay at home and check my result with a bit of dignity in my own home, no, I have to be on campus so that if the news is good I can be on time for the induction.

I've had my run ins with UL administration prior to this, but this takes the biscuit.

:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 NFL

Hey does anyone know the time they are out, is it 9 or 12. Av a lab at 9.....

• Advertisement

9am, best of luck.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Guys I havnt been in your situation, but I know plenty of ppl that have, at this stage your course leader should know, try emailing them or look up their home number in the 06 phone book. If they start gettin phone calls at home admin won't be long changing system.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I agree with everything said in the thread -I am blowing hot and cold all weekend thinking about the results (am awaiting MA results).

I will be in work when they are out. As someone else said, no privacy if all goes wrong.

Maybe they are released on a Monday because of all the queries there might be, but surely they could put them up on a friday and have an FAQ document to answer more general queries or at least point students in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hope it goes as well for everyone today as it did for me :)

C3 all the way baby!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

C3...and all the lads i know got c3's aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NFL

Hey is anyone having any trouble getting em?
    O and goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

does it have to be a c3 to pass or will a d do??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

nuts86 wrote: »
    does it have to be a c3 to pass or will a d do??

It will do provided your cumulative QCA is greater than or equal to 2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Avice on Link in & BTEA
    Hi
    i am a 1st year mature student i need some advice i got the dreaded letter yesterday from UL i have to do a link in next spring which means i have this semester free,Should i try and prepare for year 2?

Do i still get the BTEA as im full time in UL?I know i lose my grant for the year but qualify again if i pass and go to year 2

HAS ANY ONE EVER DONE A LINK IN/?
    IS IT WORTH STAYING IN UNI FOR THE YEAR TO DO ONE SUBJECT ALL HELP AND ADVICE APPRECIATED

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

those questions would be better answered by the education officer in the su here's her email address sueducation@ul.ie

she would have all the info you require
    as far as i know you are still eligible for your grant when you proceed into second year though .
    whether you should stay near the college for the year is up to you most of my friends who have to do link-in's would only be around the college for the semester that they had the link-in they worked at home to pay for the module's in the other semester. it's really up to you if you can get a job near the college stay around it if you can't go where you can for the first semester in your case

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭ciarano

Thanks for the Advice Mayo lad talked to Aoife education officer today shes excellent got sound advice
    Cheers dood

Advertisement