Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Office included on Dell Laptop, but no Disk?

• 03-09-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I paid to have MS Office included with my laptop a year or so ago.
    It was installed when I got the laptop, but I dont think they included the disk itself?

Now I have formatted my hard drive and I think Im screwed:(

Did anybody pay to have this included, but not recieve any actual disk?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DC09 wrote: »
    I paid to have MS Office included with my laptop a year or so ago.
    It was installed when I got the laptop, but I dont think they included the disk itself?

Now I have formatted my hard drive and I think Im screwed:(

Did anybody pay to have this included, but not recieve any actual disk?

Have you contacted the makers of the laptop, I've seen sometimes that the deal is for a once uses licences so you would get the a disc in that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

Varik wrote: »
    Have you contacted the makers of the laptop, I've seen sometimes that the deal is for a once uses licences so you would get the a disc in that instance.
    You mean you could only install it once, or on one pc?

Could Dell have one disk that they install on a load of laptops they sell:confused: Like a liscence for loads of uses?
    If thats the case, Im in trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Was there a restore partition on the disk before you formatted it that may have contained the installation files can you recall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dells have had a restore partition for a while some as stated, unless you've changed the partitions as well a format it then it should still be there.

No, my Windows.old file is empty and there is no files matching 'Office':(
    Do you think Dell would send me the disk? I did pay for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you didn't change the partitions, the files are still there. Call Dell and they will either show you how to restore it or they will get you to download Office again and give you a code to unlock the 30 day trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I thought it comes on the general 'Dell' CDs that arrive with the laptop i.e. you don't get a Windows CD either AFAIK

Cheers for all the help lads, I got it sorted..

Found an older Office disk lying around:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

for future ref the disk isnt too important, the serial code is important. Dell may have included the serial code but not the disk, if so you can just download it from the microsoft website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Computers

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement