Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feckin O2 Won't Leave Me Be!

Options
  • 03-09-2010 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

Right, last 3 days a UK number has been trying to get me, I missed the call the first day and when I rang back it was a number that doesn't allow incoming calls. So I google it and it turns out it's an O2 call centre or somesuch. So they ring again today and I asked the girl politely to remove me from any call list, I'm on nights this weekend and trying to rest this afternoon. Unfortunately I need to keep my phone on for work.

Then 20 minutes later I get an email from Daryll at O2, I get texts all the time telling me about one thing or another despite the fact I have asked to be removed from call/mailing lists.

Well O2, on Monday morning you will have lost a customer you've had for years, you've pestered me away.

/Rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I don't believe that asking people over the phone to remove you from their lists ever works. It's never worked for me.

You need to make a note of the dates/times of your removal requests.

Then send them a letter demanding your removal from any marketting databases.

Remind them that, under the Data Protection Act, they are REQUIRED to carry out your request. Additionally, they are required to respond to you in writing with 30 (I think) days to confirm that they've done so.

If they still keep pestering you, make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner. He takes his job seriously and will sort them out. But you need to do the ground-work first by making sure that they've been told (and given the opportunity) to leave you alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

PM your number I will have you removed from all lists. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Haha that Daryll guy emailed me as well...as if it was actually him. No, using a fake name to personify a company and make me willing to read their bullshít offers does NOT work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

PM your number I will have you removed from all lists. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You're grand, I explored the avenues any 'normal' user would, replied 'Stop' to texts from 50202 many times and a couple of weeks later they start again, rang customer service and asked to be removed but to no avail, sick of getting calls to 'discuss my usage/plan/yadda yadda' so with all due respect Daryll you can shove your gesture where the sun don't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Onkle wrote: »
    You're grand, I explored the avenues any 'normal' user would, replied 'Stop' to texts from 50202 many times and a couple of weeks later they start again, rang customer service and asked to be removed but to no avail, sick of getting calls to 'discuss my usage/plan/yadda yadda' so with all due respect Daryll you can shove your gesture where the sun don't shine.

No need for this. He was trying to help, you can say no while still being polite! First rule of boards = be civil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

so with all due respect Daryll you can shove your gesture where the sun don't shine

Nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What a lovey gesture:D:D:D. Crikey he was only trying to help, and you have spurned the one opportunity of having your number removed for certain!

What a lovey gesture:D:D:D. Crikey he was only trying to help, and you have spurned the one oppor
    tunity of having your number removed for certain!

Won't matter come Monday, because as of then Vodafone will be getting my hard earned rather than o2. If o2 hadn't peed me off so much in the first place I might not be such an irate customer. All I want is to use the product I paid for in peace and it seems o2 don't allow this.

Honda don't keep ringing me trying to sell me new products just because I drive one of their cars so why the hell can't o2 just leave me in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

To be honest vodafone will probably reck your head more than o2 has !!!!:o:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Won't matter come Monday, because as of then Vodafone will be getting my hard earned rather than o2. If o2 hadn't peed me off so much in the first place I might not be such an irate customer. All I want is to use the product I paid for in peace and it seems o2 don't allow this.

Honda don't keep ringing me trying to sell me new products just because I drive one of their cars so why the hell can't o2 just leave me in peace

Come monday, they'll have lost a customer who is an insolent ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Voda is not going to be any better, probably the same or worse ;)

mayordenis wrote: »
    Come monday, they'll have lost a customer who is an insolent ****e.

Or somebody who works long hours and quite hard who doesn't need to be hassled by their service provider. If my network is hassling me even though I have requested that they don't I feel I am quite entitled to be a little annoyed. I shouldn't have to come onto an internet forum and have a rep sort out my issue, they should have sorted it the first time I asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Onlke I hope you go to 3 their customer service might be better suited to you

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Or somebody who works long hours and quite hard who doesn't need to be hassled by their service provider. If my network is hassling me even though I have requested that they don't I feel I am quite entitled to be a little annoyed. I shouldn't have to come onto an internet forum and have a rep sort out my issue, they should have sorted it the first time I asked.

You're more than welcome to be annoyed, but there's no excuse for acting like a prick, but that's the thing about pricks they don't need an excuse.

Just because I declined an offer from a Commercial Rep (who's input I didn't ask for) in a less than mannerly way, still better than how o2 have treated me mind, doesn't give you the right to come on here and call me names. Jumping on your high horse is the only input you've had here so why don't you just run along now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

efb wrote: »
    Onlke I hope you go to 3 their customer service might be better suited to you

3 ar'nt all that bad vodafone has worse customer care than them 20 to 30mins to get someone to answer a phone at vodafone thats just a disgrace and is also why i wouldnt go nesr them again :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dont see anymore good to come from this thread,

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement