Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my signature snipped?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 5:57pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

I am really annoyed at this. My sig was for a forum I am involved in, it is not commercial, it is not selling anything, I have not had one post on here to say go to my website.

Why was this snipped? It is not advertising. If it is, there are loads of other signatures of similar things. No bs answers please. I think I have given enough to this site to deserve a straight answer. There has been no bs from our forum given to boards, and it is something we have been clear about over there.

Speaking of that, any references to my site is removed from the poker forum, even though it is by other users, and not by anyone involved in the running of the site. I always though it was petty at best to have those deleted since there have been countless references to other poker forums over the years which were never deleted, and there is no difference here, but deleting my sig which was within all rules of the site is just a real kick in the teeth. I know the rules here, and I have always abided by the rules (with a couple of exceptions I'm sure).

I notice another person with the same sig had theirs snipped as well, so it was obviously a decision that was taken somewhere. In case my tone didn't come across properly, I'm pissed off about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hiya, in our new sigrules we've added the rule that businesses shouldn't have a hyperlinked image, only a text hyperlink. As your sig linked to another forum, it's classified as a business, so it doesn't get an image. You can still have a link to the forum though if you like. Yours was one of many of these types of sigs I've removed recently, so it's got nothing to do with favouritism or grudges, but clear, consistent rules.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

so I can have an image and a link then but not a linked image? also, calling it a business os av bit of a stretch. income so far has been approximately zero. while we are at it, why are all references to ipb being removed? the funniest instance was in a thread about another poker forum called dagpoker.com by a user of that name, one post mentioning ipb was removed but the rest of the thread was left intact. its that not victimisation? double standards?

5starpool wrote: »
    so I can have an image and a link then but not a linked image?
    No, just the link.
    also, calling it a business os av bit of a stretch. income so far has been approximately zero.
    Business slash competing forum. I'll ask Dav if he can maybe add that to the description in the sigrules.
    while we are at it, why are all references to ipb being removed? the funniest instance was in a thread about another poker forum called dagpoker.com by a user of that name, one post mentioning ipb was removed but the rest of the thread was left intact. its that not victimisation? double standards?
    Not sure what you mean, haven't seen that meself, have you asked the mods?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There are several other examples of this that were not snipped in sigs, and some high profile ones too. Would I be allowed to have a pic of a forum I had no links to or are all forum sigs banned?

Other examples of this most likely haven't been reported in that case, I don't trawl boards looking for particular cases, I act on reports. A pic of a forum you had no links to? Competing forum images will be treated in the same way as business links for the time being.

If it's something you want to feed back to the general boards community to get a fresh perspective on feel free to create a discussion on the feedback forum btw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement