Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just got p90x and i'm gearing up

Options
  • 03-09-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

I've just bought exercise bands and i'm about to about the supplements i'm kind of lost.

what i'm thinking is pharmaton as a multivitamin
    ON whey as protein
    i'm trying to figure out the best creatine and joint support to put with it.

I've had 2 discectomies this year and I need a shoulder surgery following plenty of dislocations from rugby and boxing.

needless to say joint support is really important.

does anyone have any ideas what would be best?

I'm also gonna keep this thread updated with how i'm doing. if anyone else is about to start or anyone has done it any tips are more than welcome.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If you've had loads of dislocations and need surgery, a joint support forumla's gonna do sh!t all tbh. I speak from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I'm also gonna keep this thread updated with how i'm doing. if anyone else is about to start or anyone has done it any tips are more than welcome.

Start a log in the fitness logs sub forum instead.
    I have no idea what p90x entails so I would probably read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Hanley wrote: »
    If you've had loads of dislocations and need surgery, a joint support forumla's gonna do sh!t all tbh. I speak from experience.
    It's a joint support formula....not magical fairy dust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's a joint support formula....not magical fairy dust.

Stop following me. I know you're just tryna line me up as a back up plan for the beers. Liam's gonna get upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

@hanley. I know the dislocations arent gonna be cured by the joint support stuff but i definitely need something to support my joints. I currently work out about 4 times a week but if i push myself hard i feel it in the shoulder the next morning so just something to minimise the wear and tear. i was thinking glucosamine but need something else aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I'd be interested in reading your log aswell. I'll be doing the P90x program when i get back from America in a a few weeks and will finally get back to updating my log!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Good luck with it. :) Interested to hear how you get on. I cherry picked a few of the workouts over the christmas period in an effort to keep off the christmas puddin'. Found them pretty decent overall.

right so i decided on animal pack flex and cr2 as creatine pharmaton as the multivit and on whey choc malt (tastes like a proper milkshake) on semiskimmed milk as the protien

exercise band came yesterday now to wait on my gums to heal following wisdom teeth removal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Try googling cissus for your joints, it seems to give very good results. I'm trying it for some elbow pain at the moment and I think its making good progress in just 4 days.

Good luck with the P90X workout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

hiya, you are probably already aware of this but just in case you arent, there is a great P90X support forum on www.beachbody.com under the community tab.

• Advertisement

thanks dixie chick i'm aware of that i'm already signed up

I cant wait to get started but the doc advised me to wait till my wisdom teeth heal up.

@ antivirus Cissus is banned in ireland i tried to get it in today still havent bee able to find out why

@ antivirus Cissus is banned in ireland i tried to get it in today still havent bee able to find out why

Where did you here that? :confused:

called gareth in universal nutrition he told me and then i googled it customs seem to be stopping it

called gareth in universal nutrition he told me and then i googled it customs seem to be stopping it

I googled it and can't find anything about it being stop and not let through. I did find a link on another forum where a box of stuff got stop and in the box was Cissus but they let everything through.

Can you post up those links?

EDIT: Its on sale in Ireland. You can buy it in Fighting Fit in Aungier Street €24.99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

It's not illegal, every that's under prescription control is listed here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2003/en/si/0540.html

Mickk wrote: »
    It's not illegal, every that's under prescription control is listed here: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2003/en/si/0540.html

I didn't think it was, I can't find anything anywhere to say its illegal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Mickk wrote: »

An excellent link - one that should be stickied somewhere.

Also handy if you cannot fall asleep straight away!:D

Advertisement