Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to determine if your cat is male

Options
  • 03-09-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

No, nothing as indignified as lifting the tail ...

Simply attempt some DIY outside. A male cat will come and try and "help".
    It will chase those falling screws for you, (making doubly sure you don't find them again). It will bite your scewdriver and lie on the wrench.
    But most importantly, it will steal and shred your instruction sheet ...there you have it ...absolute proof ...real men don't read instructions anyway!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Excellent! But I've got a spanner to throw in the works...

Our cat was female and did all of those things, except shredding the instructions. She "supervised" a lot, batted screws around and sat on the instruction sheet looking at it intently.

And when you were right in the middle of tearing your hair out over IKEA's flatpack, she would inevitably stroll into the middle of whatever you had half built, lie down and go to sleep:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Or help you typing and turn your screen upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Our neighbours at home are building an extension and our cat Twinkle sits watching them for hours. She's been christened the foreman, and if they walk past her out to the skip she gives them a motivational swipe with her paw. When they finish work for the evening she walks in around it as if inspecting the work.

(We're still searching for a tiny yellow hard hat for her.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

One of my cats pee'd on the instructions for the garden swing, after he'd checked the box, all the parts and my tools.
    I still managed to put it together without instructions(neither daughter or I were gonna open a soggy pee stained leaflet), but I'd swear he was smiling at us trying to figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ahahah I have to shut my cats into their cat room if I have a DIY handyman here doing a job. They'll even go as far as to climb a ladder after a worker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

YEs humans need feline supervision at all times when attempting anything out of the ordinary inside and outside :D. Best done in a manner as to exercise optimum distraction of said human while being safely out of the way in case of any retaliation :P

Advertisement