Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I made a mistake in buying an apartment in Island Key Dublin 3 !!!

Options
  • 03-09-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi to anyone that are purchasing apartments in Island Key :mad: i bought a 2 bed apt and i am so annoyed in what i see every day ,i have since moved out and sub letting my apartment :mad: as i lived in the apt for 3 months and i could not handle the COMMON people of the inner city !!! (example) blonde haired girl constantly calling her children to stay off the road and ""GET ON THE PATH"" another blonde haired girl selling drugs openly !!!!!!! and basicly can't see in front of her when she walks !! i never new anyone could BUY another person's URINE,,her dog BARKING ,, i can go on and on about that one !!! apartment block so quiet during the day then night time taxi door's slamming ,, garda vans and car's in and out non stop,, doors getting kicked in (due to drunken arguments) apt door's SLAMMING non stop at weekends !! lifts breaking down !! car's flying in and out of Island Key as children play on the road !!! SHOULD there be a PARK 4 children or are these people just lazy ,,and as for the name joshua it will always give me knightmares ,, im SO happy i have moved on and i will eventually SELL my apartment :confused:
    SO to all people willing to but an apt in this area one wrd i have to say from experiance is RENT FIRST !!!!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Welcome to most of Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

poshgirl wrote: »
    Key ... apt ... knightmares...wrd

Yeah, but they can probably spell words correctly though.

You sound like a right little spoiled, rich brat. Welcome to the real world. Did you move back in with mummy and daddy in the leafy suburbs? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Firstly I'd like to say that you were lucky to be able to afford to buy a property and even luckier to have the option of moving out and sub-letting your property.

There are people in houses/apartments all over the country putting up with drug dealing going on in their area. The Gardai are obivously being called in to try and deal with it. As for taxis at the weekend, this also happens almost everywhere I have been, it's the weekend, people go out and get taxis home. Nearly everything you mentioned in your post could happen anywhere in the country.

I don't know why you mentioned that the women were 'blonde', didn't think that would make much of a difference to the story.

Did you ever vist the area/neighbourhood before you bought your apartment? Did you ever visit the area at night? Did you know anybody living there? Usually people will check out the area as much as possible before buying property there.

Good luck in trying to sell your apartment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Where is this apartment? Can you give a link to a map?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

OP if you are planning on selling your apt at some stage shouldn't you reconsider warning people off buying there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Hi to anyone that are purchasing apartments in Island Key :mad: i bought a 2 bed apt and i am so annoyed in what i see every day ,i have since moved out and sub letting my apartment :mad: as i lived in the apt for 3 months and i could not handle the COMMON people of the inner city !!! (example) blonde haired girl constantly calling her children to stay off the road and ""GET ON THE PATH"" another blonde haired girl selling drugs openly !!!!!!! and basicly can't see in front of her when she walks !! i never new anyone could BUY another person's URINE,,her dog BARKING ,, i can go on and on about that one !!! apartment block so quiet during the day then night time taxi door's slamming ,, garda vans and car's in and out non stop,, doors getting kicked in (due to drunken arguments) apt door's SLAMMING non stop at weekends !! lifts breaking down !! car's flying in and out of Island Key as children play on the road !!! SHOULD there be a PARK 4 children or are these people just lazy ,,and as for the name joshua it will always give me knightmares ,, im SO happy i have moved on and i will eventually SELL my apartment :confused:
    SO to all people willing to but an apt in this area one wrd i have to say from experiance is RENT FIRST !!!!!!!!

I'll take one off you for 30K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, but they can probably spell words correctly though.

The OP didn't misspell Quay for Key

That's the name of the place; Island Key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I hope to god this is a troll thread. The OP is barely intelligible, and incredibly stuck-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

i will eventually SELL my apartment

no you won't lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement