Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETA for rain East coast Saturday?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭

The weather for Sat seems to have got more gloomy for tomorrow for the East coast , any estimate for when rain will hit Wicklow/Dublin coast? was planning to go for a cycle AM, back by lunchtime.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

About 07:45 :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not wrote: »
    About 07:45 :(

:D Was just about to go in and post something similar....ETA -1.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Holy Christ its bucketing down here in D16. Torrential with thunder and lightening to boot. What does that do to my golf later?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's fairly heavy here in Leixlip (~12 miles from the coast). I could swear I heard some thunder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Very heavy here in Dublin 15. I heard thunder about 15 mins ago and I think I saw a flash of lightening then too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GSF

the rain is early! and heavier than forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

daymobrew wrote: »
    Very heavy here in Dublin 15. I heard thunder about 15 mins ago and I think I saw a flash of lightening then too.[/QUOTE]
    missed that :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I wasn't so impressed with the forecasts for yesterday, I was in Dublin but particularly in Louth the rainfall amounts were much higher than any model guidance suggested. Perhaps 3 times the amount expected at home where the rain never really left all day and just drizzled with the odd heavy burst.

Also the timing caught me out, heavy rain reached Drogheda at only 8.30am and I had no umbrella or jacket at the time for the hour I was outside:mad:

My sympathies go out for those who were in electric picnic on saturday!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I think the forecasters in general were wrong with yesterdays predictions. Timing and amounts of rain were well off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just to add, I cycled down to ashford yesterday afternoon after looking at the Met.ie radar , it seemed to show a distinct band of rain that looked like it was gone from Dublin (not raining anywhere in Leinster) and headed out , was good for the first hour and a half but spent the next 3 hours in a misty rain, only cleared around 6pm. glad now I went anyway but not at the time :D

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
Advertisement