Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading PDF photos to Facebook

Options
  • 03-09-2010 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hey All,
    Not sure if I am in the right forum for this, so apologies if not.
    I am trying to upload some old photos onto Facebook for family to see abroad.
    Thing is I scanned them in, and they are saved in PDF format, but when I try to upload them onto Facebook, it tells me that I can only upload JPG, GIF, or PNG files.
    I am technically challenged, so would really appreciate any help!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Have you tried converting the files with some program? (MS Paint can probably do it even) Just open the file and go to save as, and in the drop down box (Were it will have it's current file format) It should have a good few options for you to pick, Just pick one FaceBook supports....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Download Paint.net or Gimp or use the online tool sumo paint to convert. Open image, then save as... with jpg filetype and that should be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bodger

Hi Cybrandian,
    Programs like Gimp and Photoshopt will allow you to save the images in the correct format but If you don't want to go to the trouble of installing these programs you can.

1. Open the PDF
    2. Press f11 to switch to full screen mode
    3. Press the 'Printscreen'/PrtSc button i.e. button on the top row between 'f12' and 'pause' on most keyboards.
    4. Open Paint - on PCs this is found as follows: (Start-> Programs -> Accessories -> Paint)
    5. Create a new blank canvas and right click on the canvas and select paste or just press Control and the Letter V at the same time.
    Just make sure that the canvas is the size that you want.

You can then save this as a .bmp file or other common format

Regards

Shane
    www.blackrath.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

Uh, these ways to convert are terrible.
    The easiest and best one is just to open the pdf in a pdf reader and export as jpg.

Advertisement