Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad smell in Collooney

Options
  • 03-09-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Has anyone else noticed the really bad smell in Collooney at the first roundabout as you leave town?
    Its very bad, one wiff of it and I was chokeing, I nearly fell of my motorbike.
    Can anyone shed any light on this or know if anything is to be done about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I had noticed it.
    It was terrible on Sunday when we were at the car boot sale in the Teeling Centre.
    Smells like some kind of sewer problem but I don't know what it is for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I think it's the smell of the local inhabitants :pac:,just kidding.
    Someone I know out there mentioned a problem about the sewers somewhere there,that could well be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

smells like pig slurry is being spread ,got the same whiff a few places, god shower of rain shoud sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

There is a sewage treatment facility between the bridge over the river and the roundabout. I figure thats where the smell is coming from but its only started to smell in the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

One of the nice things about motorbikes is being able to smell the countryside as you ride. Wild garlic, freshly mown hay, wildflowers, the ocean etc. However, I nearly retched driving through Collooney last week. Can only imagine the stench wafting up under your visor:eek: Didn't notice it the other day. Maybe it's been sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NC27

Thanks for the replies, I had mentioned it to people in work but noone else had noticed.
    It does seem to be gone now, hopefully it gone for good because i dont want to get caught out again, im not joking when i say i nearly came of the bike, I had to stop just up the road from it just to get my breath back and to wait for my eyes to stop watering.
    A bit scary to think a bad smell like that could of had a drastic outcome for me.

Advertisement