Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingfisher health club info

• 03-09-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Well folks,
    This year its my mission to lose weight, Iv gone to long being over weight and I feel I need to do something. Now I will Deffo be walking as much as I can but as I like swimming I said Id look into going swimming 2/3 times a week. Iv done some research and for what I want (swimming and maybe, eventually, sometime in the gym) Kingfisher seems to be the most suited ie. cheapest.
    Could anyone give me any info on what the place is like? I know I can go get a tour but I mean what's the place really like to use?
    I searched on here and it seems the had some members pulling out due to some of the people going there, Is this still the case? Does the pool always be packed? friendly staff? friendly people? any info offered would be greatly appriciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

If you go earlier in the day its empty. Packs up after 6

Best gym in Waterford but also the most expensive

Cant understand why people would leave because other people go there. Seems like an excuse to me

Id ignore the trainers and get a good plan from the net instead and stick to it

Have no major complaints except the way its packed after 6 but id assume all gyms are

edit: Staff will be friendly if you want them to be but not many people need them, members just get on and do there own thing

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nialeon

Iv been a member there now 9 months..and at the start it was very well run...Now however ...its ****ing aweful...From the the threadmills bouncing all over the place when you run over a certain speed...to the same 3 bikes broken..to the very cold hydro pool...same hydro pool you could boil an egg in up to 2 months ago...Wont be renewing membership there..as all the above has been brought to staff and managers attention to no avail..And a heads up If you come in for a "TOUR" ..Go and ask a member there thoughts on the place...dont let him bring u to the door and say..oh its state of the art etc...quiz them.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

@ tc2010, normally i would of agreeing with ya on the after 6 thing, but i went down there last night at 7pm and it was empty, like 8 people in the whole gym, i was delighted, hopefully all friday nights are the same :)

@ OP, i think its a great gym to go to, although it is the 1st i've been a member in, has everything you need, i've never had any problems with other people down there and the staff are always friendly to me so i've got no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

I can't praise the Spirit Gym on the quay enough. It's reasonably priced, the facilities are excellenty, the staff are pleasant, and if you go at any time other than between 5 and 7 pm, it's practically empty. The staff know what they're on about, will give you programmes (like most gyms now,) reccommend eating and diets, give you plans. It's fantastic, I can't reccommend anywhere else. I've been a regular in kingfisher and in the Spirit and I would take spirit any day. Go take a look even, they'lkl take you around for free in there. ONly downside is the pool isn't that big, but the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Groinshot wrote: »
    I can't praise the Spirit Gym on the quay enough. It's reasonably priced, the facilities are excellenty, the staff are pleasant, and if you go at any time other than between 5 and 7 pm, it's practically empty. The staff know what they're on about, will give you programmes (like most gyms now,) reccommend eating and diets, give you plans. It's fantastic, I can't reccommend anywhere else. I've been a regular in kingfisher and in the Spirit and I would take spirit any day. Go take a look even, they'lkl take you around for free in there. ONly downside is the pool isn't that big, but the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are excellent.

By any chance do you know how much the student rate is in spirit for 3 or nine months? I was down there the other day but didnt really have time to go in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

By any chance do you know how much the student rate is in spirit for 3 or nine months? I was down there the other day but didnt really have time to go in!

afraid I don't give them a ring though, I don't think they advertised at less than 12 months, but I'm sure they'll make something available.

Advertisement