Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Pay as you Go

Options
  • 03-09-2010 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

please excuse me if this has been brought up before.. i dont have time to search i gotta go to work soon.. but on vodafone pay as you go there is an option of 20 euro a month and you get free calls and texts to any network.. a couple of people told me that you can get mobile internet with vodafone for 39c a day up to 100mb?? is this true? i'd think about switching from meteor if this is the case.. better coverage.. dont do much calling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is true yes. Its called vodafone 360. It costs 39 cent for each day that you use it. It is only an offer though, at the minute up to the end of this month, but they make extend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭rob88

oh sorry i meant to say free texts to any network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

rob88 wrote: »
    oh sorry i meant to say free texts to any network
    If you're not a heavy texter the 600 international webtexts should do you fine. If that's the case then I'd go with the free VF calls and texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Rob88 what handset are you using, I tried to sign someone up for the Vodafone 360 service last week and they told me that they couldn't do it because the customer didn't have a 360 compatible handset. Now it could be a case of getting the right person on the phone to do it for you.

i have an iphone 4 ordered from apple.. at the moment i'm on meteor pay as u go.. most of my friends are on meteor so i'm having second thoughts bout switching cause it's easy to ring/text friends etc.. vodaafone has good coverage is the main reason i'd switch.. i might switch to meteors free texts and internet payg plan.. but the internet allowance doesnt seem that great.. 250mb per month.. that cant be much? though i will have access to wifi a lot of the time.. too many plans with different advantages.. hard to decide :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

i have an iphone 4 ordered from apple.. at the moment i'm on meteor pay as u go.. most of my friends are on meteor so i'm having second thoughts bout switching cause it's easy to ring/text friends etc.. vodaafone has good coverage is the main reason i'd switch.. i might switch to meteors free texts and internet payg plan.. but the internet allowance doesnt seem that great.. 250mb per month.. that cant be much? though i will have access to wifi a lot of the time.. too many plans with different advantages.. hard to decide :confused:
    Meteor bill pay lite.

10 quid gets you;

50 mins
    50 texts
    Free Meteor texts.

And you can get an add-on of either 250mb for a fiver or 10GB for 15.

250mb is absolutely grand for browsing and a few youtube videos.

But if you jailbreak your iPhone and download MyWi you can create a WiFi hotspot (exclamation mark). You'd want to go with the 10GB option if you wanted to do that.

oh i thought 250mb wasnt that much.. all i'd be doin really is checkin up on the news and footie results.. facebook aswell i suppose.. bill pay lite sounds pretty good

oh i thought 250mb wasnt that much.. all i'd be doin really is checkin up on the news and footie results.. facebook aswell i suppose.. bill pay lite sounds pretty good

250mb would be fine for that sort of usage. Using mobile versions will also help the data usage, example using m.facebook.com, over the normal site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

I have the 250mb allowance and do alot of surfing.Im 2 weeks in to it and only used 40mb so far according to vodafone when i check my balance!!so IMO 250mb is alot for normal use

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    I have the 250mb allowance and do alot of surfing.Im 2 weeks in to it and only used 40mb so far according to vodafone when i check my balance!!so IMO 250mb is alot for normal use

If you were watching large videos or even loading large pages, (even the full version of boards) it can use it up quite quickly, but ye for the average person 250mb is enough

Advertisement