Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a new Imac for recording...help!

Options
  • 03-09-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi guy,

I was on this a few weeks ago asking questions, was initially going to go with Windows. Anyway got an Imac & it's great to be fair.

I've being using garageband, which comes standard. It's quite useful for someone starting out like me. I can add loops etc but all drums are on 1 track. Is there a way to connect an electronic kit through the interface & have several tracks, ie. 1 for the bass, 1 for snare etc.

Any help would be great, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Tastyboy wrote: »
    Hi guy,

I was on this a few weeks ago asking questions, was initially going to go with Windows. Anyway got an Imac & it's great to be fair.

I've being using garageband, which comes standard. It's quite useful for someone starting out like me. I can add loops etc but all drums are on 1 track. Is there a way to connect an electronic kit through the interface & have several tracks, ie. 1 for the bass, 1 for snare etc.

Any help would be great, cheers.

You can definitely do the multi out thing in Logic, Garageband's big brother. I doubt they have that level of functionality in GB but I could be wrong. There should be some dedicated garageband sites on the net to check this out.

You should get yourself a decent DAW to go with that imac. If Logic is too dear you could try Reaper for 60 Dollars.

Best of luck in your recording adventures.

Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Posting in the main body of the forum is more likely to get answers, Tasty.

Advertisement