Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plum Recipes???

Options
  • 03-09-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Got quite a few victoria plums on tree any ideas for jams or chutneys rather than pies etc.

Also got a few not quite ripe which taste bitter what should I do with these?

Just thought most of plums are still on the tree I'm using windfall are they actually ready or should I leave for a few weeks,generally what time of year should they be picked

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

The unripe, hard, sour plums are great for pickling. Try Peter Gordons recipe here or google Peter Gordon's Pickled Plums (Ooh Er!). Once pickled, the plums are great with duck - slice thinly and stir fry with duck meat and noodles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I noticed that Simon Rimmer will be making plum bread on Something For The Weekend this morning - it looked really nice. If you click on Latest Recipes later the recipe will be on the site.

Edit: The recipe is up now - http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/plum_bread_49797

Advertisement