Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

restoring backup files with vista

• 03-09-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello all,
    I wonder if some one can help me , I am having a problem restoring my back up files from a external hard drive on to my computer after after I reset it to factory settings to get rid of a virus. I keep getting a notice "backup location not available " but yet I can still copy stuff back and forth between the two , anyone any ideas :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I had a similar issue. I gather that if you look on your external HD, you will find a file called xxxx.vhd. This is your backup file.

There are ways to mount this vhd file as a "virtual hard disk". Windows 7 is brilliant at doing that actually. Vista is crap at doing it.

Microsoft Technet has plenty of info on how you can mount the vhd file, which you can then restore your data from.

Best of luck.

Advertisement