Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battered mars bar??.....?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

anybody have any idea where I can find a battered mars bar in Belfast? i have such an urge for one...

really really badly...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

anybody have any idea where I can find a battered mars bar in Belfast? i have such an urge for one...

really really badly...

norglen in turf lodge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

uhhh. where's that? maps link plz?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

uhhh. where's that? maps link plz?
    go up the falls road,turn off at the whiterock road,turn left at the top of that road and its just up a holy trinity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Sorry, wtf is a battered mars bar lol, is it one thats all broken, if so just go and buy one and batter it up. Is it another one of these stupid things yous have like "jacks" whatever that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

owenc wrote: »
    Sorry, wtf is a battered mars bar lol, is it one thats all broken, if so just go and buy one and batter it up. Is it another one of these stupid things yous have like "jacks" whatever that means.

Owen :rolleyes: It's a mars bar covered in batter (like a battered sausage would be) and then deep fried. Very popular in Scotland. Kind of an acquired taste, like so right yet so wrong when you're munching through the batter lol.

As for stupid things...pastie baps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gucci Chip on Lisburn Road near the MBC/City Hosipital will do one for you. Never had one myself, but they advertised it, and it's not an advertisement you forget!

Think you might have to buy the Mars bar in Mace next door I imagine.

pow wow wrote: »
    Owen :rolleyes: It's a mars bar covered in batter (like a battered sausage would be) and then deep fried. Very popular in Scotland. Kind of an acquired taste, like so right yet so wrong when you're munching through the batter lol.

As for stupid things...pastie baps?

Well, that is rare, i'd imagine that is disgusting, no wonder they don't sell them here, as well as the battered sausages. Now whats this pastie baps thing next, is it some belfast thing?:rolleyes: Which yous try and link up with the rest of Norn Iron:rolleyes: , sorry lol just sick of everyone thinking that we are the same as belfast i mean i would never speak with that grinding accent, ewgh!

Archimedes wrote: »
    Gucci Chip on Lisburn Road near the MBC/City Hosipital will do one for you. Never had one myself, but they advertised it, and it's not an advertisement you forget!

Think you might have to buy the Mars bar in Mace next door I imagine.

Lol i take it they don't make them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well, that is rare, i'd imagine that is disgusting, no wonder they don't sell them here. Now whats this pastie baps thing next, is it some belfast thing?:rolleyes: Which yous try and link up with the rest of Norn Iron:rolleyes: , sorry lol just sick of everyone thinking that we are the same as belfast i mean i would never speak with that grinding accent, no offence like!

Poor form, you could have fitted at least another two rolleyes smileys in there, maybe three if you tried hard enough.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archimedes wrote: »
    Poor form, you could have fitted at least another two rolleyes smileys in there, maybe three if you tried hard enough.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

HUH. Just sick of people on here thinking that all northern ireland people are like them and say norn iron. For a start belfast is like 70 miles drive from me and we do not all say norn iron (as thats just ignorant and deluded!) or indeed speak like that, or them derry ones either ewgh!

• Advertisement

Well, that is rare, i'd imagine that is disgusting, no wonder they don't sell them here, as well as the battered sausages. Now whats this pastie baps thing next, is it some belfast thing?:rolleyes: Which yous try and link up with the rest of Norn Iron:rolleyes: , sorry lol just sick of everyone thinking that we are the same as belfast i mean i would never speak with that grinding accent, ewgh!

The girls I worked with is Lisnagelvin were mad for the pastie baps Owen - can't say I've seen them in Coleraine though.

The girls I worked with is Lisnagelvin were mad for the pastie baps Owen - can't say I've seen them in Coleraine though.

Oh ok, so what are they? Are they the wee bread rolls?

Oh ok, so what are they? Are they the wee bread rolls?

You know those pastie things the chippers do, like a mince and potato pie shaped like a burger? Well it's one of those shoved in a bread roll. A heart attack in a bun :D

You know those pastie things the chippers do, like a mince and potato pie shaped like a burger? Well it's one of those shoved in a bread roll. A heart attack in a bun :D

Naw i've never heard of that in my life, you lot are while rare lol, everytime i come on you start using these words i've never heard ever and you are only 100 miles down the road.:eek: WEIRD LOL

Naw i've never heard of that in my life, you lot are while rare lol, everytime i come on you start using these words i've never heard ever and you are only 100 miles down the road.:eek: WEIRD LOL

My apologies. Heart attack in a 'wee' bun :P

I wonder if the OP rode out the craving or hopped down Lisburn Rd..? Maybe you should catch a bus over to belfast to expand your horizons Owen?

My apologies. Heart attack in a 'wee' bun :P

I wonder if the OP rode out the craving or hopped down Lisburn Rd..? Maybe you should catch a bus over to belfast to expand your horizons Owen?

Naw he probably didn't. Naw i go there loads of times and i'm sick of the grinding accent! Its not like i don't travel lol. Where are you from.

Advertisement