Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG Gorgoroths guitarist is a primary school teacher?!

Options
  • 03-09-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Wtf?! How is that supposed to be metal, hardcore and evil?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

brb reinstalling firefox as i cant see op's link

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

It's been well known for years, I'm not a fan but I can't see why anyone would care tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What would constitute an acceptable Black Metal profession then? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

gizmo wrote: »
    My first thought: Catholic Priest. Dress in black, chant in Latin, wave crosses around in the smoke, etcetera ...

When it comes to general Metal, I think Bruce Dickinson has it sorted: a Boeing 757 is a lot of metal to throw about the sky, even if the metal is an aluminium alloy. ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

This makes me think of the whole Gaahl/homosexuality thing. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Denny M wrote: »
    Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me.

This right here. People have lives, even heavy metal types. I remember reading something about some Italian metal band who's guitarist was a professor of physics at a university, not sure who. If anything, this just shows that metal folks aren't the typical Wayne's World type dullards who try to live the metal dream day in day out, and can be quite intellectual, interesting, lead diverse lives, and have interests beyond metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

wow imagine an entertainer, who doesn't make his living from his passion, having a normal job:eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

wow imagine an entertainer, who doesn't make his living from his passion, having a normal job:eek:
    I can't help but think of Anvil!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I'm a primary school teacher... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm a primary school teacher... :(
    Well, if you can handle a bunch of primary school kids without losing your voice or your temper, then a crowd of drunken sweaty moshers ought to be no bother. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Darkthrones guitarist is a farmer, their drummer worked for the post office when they were at their height. Most black metallers don't make huge amounts of money, for a lot of them they need a day job so they can afford make music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Pork butchers presumably...

mayhem_attila2_pig_203_203x152.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Hmmmmmmmmmm, guitarist in a band maybe?
    Failing that a rapist who gets commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

sure the bloke off art attack is in a thrash metal band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I think somebody calling themselves 'King ov Hell' is more ridiculous than a metal guitarist also being a teacher.

And, in my opinion, a grown man who calls himself King ov Hell, and also happens to be a teacher, probably has more growing up to do than most of the children he is teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

nummnutts wrote: »
    I think somebody calling themselves 'King ov Hell' is more ridiculous than a metal guitarist also being a teacher.

And, in my opinion, a grown man who calls himself King ov Hell, and also happens to be a teacher, probably has more growing up to do than most of the children he is teaching.

ummmmmm stage names are very common in extreme metal bands, it doesn't suggest immaturity or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Kersmash wrote: »
    sure the bloke off art attack is in a thrash metal band.

what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Personally I respect him more because of it, IMO there are too many uneducated fools in the metal scene.

And I say that as a huge fan of metal and based on my experiences of rock/metal gigs that i've attended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

If this was in Ireland, there would scandal all over the newspapers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annacall

classic forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Personally I respect him more because of it, IMO there are too many uneducated fools in the metal scene.

And I say that as a huge fan of metal and based on my experiences of rock/metal gigs that i've attended

If you dont have a masters in rocket science you have no business at an event where a bunch of muppets dressed like monsters scream and shout up on a stage imho

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

nummnutts wrote: »

Maybe he means hell as in a primary school class room, and he is the king of the class room... :pac:

Advertisement