Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daws Injured

Options
  • 03-09-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

That looks sore and very worrying.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Looks like a bad knee injury for Dawson in England game

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Yeah he really looked in a lot of pain. Cruicate I reckon. On the replay he seemed to twist his ankle and his knee at the same time.

The more I see it the worse it looks. Could be the end of his season already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

horrible injury, i would be shocked if thats not a season ending injury. If there is a ligament left intact in his knee id be stunned. Awful awful injury

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

didnt look good,reminded me of michael owen's knee popping. Fingers crossed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

gutted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

It looked terrible. I really hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yeah it looked bad okay.poor lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭larry1

Quote:

Tottenham centre-back Michael Dawson will undergo a scan to determine the severity of the knee injury he suffered in England 's 4-0 win over Bulgaria on Friday night.

The 26-year-old was stretchered off at Wembley after going over on his right leg around the hour mark.

"I have to wait to find out about Dawson. I am not a doctor,” said England manager Fabio Capello. “We have to wait for the tests, but no-one else had problems, only Dawson."

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will be waiting anxiously to find out the results of the tests ahead of his side’s Champions League campaign, as the summer signing of former Arsenal player William Gallas is looking all-the-more important for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

hoof on coys dawson out 4 the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

hoof on coys dawson out 4 the season.

fcuk it anyway, huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

a big loss for spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

gutted for dawson..he's one of our most consistant performers and was just getting the international recognition he deserved....hope its not too bad...any confirmed updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6357856/Dawson-sidelined-for-eight-weeks

8 weeks not so bad considering it could have been for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Shammy wrote: »
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6357856/Dawson-sidelined-for-eight-weeks

8 weeks not so bad considering it could have been for longer.

True. Looking at it I would not have been surprised if he was out for the season. Think we have enough cover to cope though for the 8 weeks he'll be out. Now lets see how this Gallas chap does...

Scans today (Saturday) have revealed that Michael Dawson has sprained his left medial knee ligament and one of his left ankle ligaments.
    The defender has been withdrawn from the England squad after suffering the injuries during last night's 4-0 European Championship qualifying win against Bulgaria at Wembley and is expected to be out of action for six to eight weeks

Could have been so much worse. I hope he will be back for Inter game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thank God I'ts not as bad as it first appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

tippspur wrote: »
    Thank God I'ts not as bad as it first appeared.

and so say all of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Makes the Gallas signing all the more important. At least Bassong and Kaboul will have someone experienced beside them while he's out. Gutted for him though as he's going to miss some big CL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Last thing we needed was another injured centreback.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

gallas looks like a top signing now :-)

we have bassong and kaboul as well, we will be ok

Advertisement