Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Carphone Warehouse Staff here? Question....

Options
  • 03-09-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

The phone in the link below comes for only 29.99 when bought with an O2 sim pack.

I asked in the Carphone Warehouse shop the other day and the guy there said something about the phone coming directly from the supplier as opposed to from 02, and so that the phone isn't locked, and that I could use it with my Meteor sim card.

But then he said there was no guarantee my meteor sim would work with it.

Confused.

Any CW staff on here that could clarify?

Thanks,

K.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/product.php/900/24/nokia_1616/82e8620f5ed8ea13291ce16231317f45

Edit: oops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I think the real question here is where the "Car" in Carphone Warehouse comes from?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

its a used phone but probably sim free, they stick an 02 sim in it, top it up and make one phone call, its just a way of 02 fudging there customers numbers, should really be somethi comreg pulls them up on. And carphone should just change there name to the 02warehouse, there far from independent..
    Port the 02 number onto a meteor free sim when you get it just to upset them and stop 02 fiddling the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

some of the bigger cpw stores in the uk sell phones unlocked. i bought one with some virgin mobile sim but just ditched the sim and used my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Id just buy it.

They use different suppliers then the operators themselves so there not locked to networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

Kraggy these phones are sim free, well up until last week there were anyway (im on hols this week)

as long as you buy the o2 one, if you buy the meteor one for 49.99 then it will be locked to meteor.

cheers
    dunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kingpind

its a used phone but probably sim free, they stick an 02 sim in it, top it up and make one phone call, its just a way of 02 fudging there customers numbers, should really be somethi comreg pulls them up on. And carphone should just change there name to the 02warehouse, there far from independent..
    Port the 02 number onto a meteor free sim when you get it just to upset them and stop 02 fiddling the numbers.

i was told by cpw staff that o2 were the worst bar emobile ha

Advertisement