Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hullomail - Free Visual Voicemail killer for (nearly) all !

Options
  • 03-09-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Fantastic service that records your voicemail and pushes it to your phone as mp3 via
      Native iOS / Android / Blackberry app or
      As an email

Due to go live next week.

Here are some details on how it works.

http://www.hullomail.com/ie/howitworks.html

Android, Blackberry and iPhone users will be able to sign up here

http://www.hullomail.com/ie/index.html

FAQ here
    http://www.hullomail.com/ie/faqsie.html

HulloMail has all the features you are already used to from a voicemail service and so much more.

When you get a new message you can listen however you prefer, by the app on your mobile, email as an mp3 or by calling in. With HulloMail you can decide how you listen and manage your voicemails. You can listen to them, forward them, download them, keep them forever or even reply using a Hullo, the cool new two-way voice messaging feature.

I'm not involved with the company but was on the beta and loved it - it's as sweet as it sounds.

You can divert as many mobile numbers as you like to the service and get notified on your "main" phone.

Support for other devices (Symbian, WinMo) would be contingent on being able to receive push email to the handset.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

It's live NOW baby!!

Apps in Android Market and Apple App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Gift;), Thanks for the tip off, just tried the website today and it still showed coming soon:(

Now have it working direct from the marketplace:)

Any idea on the costs from the networks?

No bother DM, I'm mental about it.

If you're on bill the networks will take the call divert minutes out of your minute allowance.
    Will my Mobile Operator charge me for using HulloMail?

When you are in Ireland, calls made to you that are diverted to HulloMail and calls you make to HulloMail should be covered within your monthly minute allowance. If you keep within your allowance you should not see any additional charges. If you exceed your allowance then charges will be added according to your plan.

If you download and play a message via the mobile internet you may receive a data charge if you've exceeded your data allowance or don't have one. When roaming abroad we recommend retrieving messages online whenever you can.

If you are still unsure it always worth checking charges with your Mobile Operator.

News not so good for PAYG ...
    I have a PAYG (pay as you go) tariff, can I still use HulloMail?

Unfortunately the majority of Mobile Operators will not al low you to divert your voicemail to us when you're a PAYG customer, however some do.

... although it did work for me on Vodafone PAYG a while back when I tried it.

The FAQ is quite good on the site, they're active on Twitter too @HulloMail

Very impressed with this app, no more 171:)

Confirmed with 3 that forwarding the voicemail uses a flexi unit, so no cost with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Interesting. What type of number is assigned to you for your new mailbox, if you sign up? Is it classed as a mobile number, a landline number or something else? I don't get a minutes allowance on my tariff, I get unlimited calls to landlines other O2 numbers. Obviously it won't be an O2 number that these guys are assigning to me.

• Advertisement

Your probably charged with o2, call them and ask them how much they charge to forward your voicemail, lf your also setting it up to forward to email that would attract some data charge, 3 use flexi units (voice,data,text) so it's all the one that's why there's no charge with them.

Interesting to see how they all compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Soot-fan

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Interesting. What type of number is assigned to you for your new mailbox, if you sign up? Is it classed as a mobile number, a landline number or something else? I don't get a minutes allowance on my tariff, I get unlimited calls to landlines other O2 numbers. Obviously it won't be an O2 number that these guys are assigning to me.

its a landline number.

Im with 02 and it comes out of my monthly allowance

Is Hullomail any advantage to 02 customers who aren’t charged for voicemail or am I missing the point Hullomail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Thanks lads, if it's a landline number I'll give it a go but I wanted to check before I signed up! I have a data plan, so no worries about the email side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Soot-fan wrote: »
    its a landline number.

Is Hullomail any advantage to 02 customers who arent charged for voicemail or am I missing the point Hullomail.

This is what i was thinking. If you have free 171 and it's 1 touch dialling convenient, what's the attraction/advantage of changing

Soot-fan wrote: »
    its a landline number.

Is Hullomail any advantage to 02 customers who aren’t charged for voicemail or am I missing the point Hullomail.
    It's convenience more than anything.
    No waiting for IVR menus.
    You can keep your voicemails for as long as you like in your email account, and obviously forward them on as you like.
    Also, using the app you can record and send messages to any amount of people at once.

• Advertisement

+1

171 now seems like something from the 80's, don't think i'd like to go back and i've only been using Hullomail for a day:)

Weren't they always:rolleyes:, does the same apply to the other mvno's?

Dunno DM, the operator has to support voicemail forwarding...
    I forgot to say, you can divert as many numbers as you like to the same account... handy or what?
    Also, you don't strictly need to have an iPhone or Android handset full time... as long as you can get access to the app once you can create an account, get the details of your HulloMail account and then set up whatever handset you like to divert to HulloMail :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Sorry to drag up an old thread, I was just wondering, can I use Hullomail on 3pay? I'm sick of having to pay for voicemail and go through tedious menus that keep me on the phone for ages. When people are diverted to Hullomail do I get charged or do they get charged for the message they leave? I presume I'd be able to listen to my messages through 3g or wifi then? Thanks for your help

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, I was just wondering, can I use Hullomail on 3pay? I'm sick of having to pay for voicemail and go through tedious menus that keep me on the phone for ages. When people are diverted to Hullomail do I get charged or do they get charged for the message they leave? I presume I'd be able to listen to my messages through 3g or wifi then? Thanks for your help

Not sure if you can use it on 3Pay, give it a lash anyway maybe. You'll be charged for a diverted call when someone leaves a message.
    You can listen to your message either through the app on your device and/or you can set it up to email you the mp3 file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi All

Hullomail is now supported on Tesco Mobile via the Hullomail Android app and voicemail call diverts are treated as part of your free calls to Tesco Mobile when you topup by €10 or more.

The free Hullomail app is included with our Android handsets. Hullomail will update the iPhone app in April to include Tesco Mobile in the setup.

More information, formal announcement and customer tutorial information to follow via our website.

Feel free to try it out and let me know how you get on.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement