Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

02 Golbesurfer III and ports

• 03-09-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

im testing a 02 Globesurfer at the moment but i can not gain access from outside to the ports that i have opened on the router, i have set up my DDNS and it has registered fine, when i try to ping my ddns username from my work it will not reply just times out. i previously had this working fine on fixed line broadband but had to cancel it as was too expensive.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

So who is the provider, afaik Mobile Broadband ISP's won't allow you to conect to a PC/router on their network from outside of it.

Does a tracroute give you any idea where the data is getting dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I have it working fine on mine with O2. Just connected to my Remote Desktop to be sure :)

Maybe it's the specific ports you're using?

EDIT: Also, the router is probably dropping the ping requests, I get "Request timed out" when I try and ping my DDNS name for the connection.

Advertisement