Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College checklist for UCD campus accomodation!

Options
  • 03-09-2010 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hey!:)...I've been allocated a room in merville house 12 and im just wondering if anyone needs to know what i need to get for when i get there?..likle i know you need bedding,kitchen utensils etc. but im not too sure about cleaning stuff and just what you need in general?;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

What apt? I was in 12 last year. It was a right sh!thole. I had a look at the other day as I was in UCD. I must say they've done it up nicely though. Nice black tile floors, new couches. They completely gutted the kitchen and its alot more roomy. Its very nice now tbh. Just my luck that they'd do it up after I go lol:P.
    The duvet and pillow are supplied with a lamp in the room as well (well they were last year anyway), you just need to bring up sheets. Everything else you need to bring - Pots, pans, plates, knifes, forks etc. Oh yeah, you also need to supply a tv if you want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Take your own duvet and pillows. They can be rough looking with dodgy stains...at least mine were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

A quick list that springs to mind:
    • A few knives and forks, they don't always have them, or at least usable ones
    • Frying pan, saucepan etc
    • A steamer can be got pretty cheap these days too, very handy to have one
    • Dishcloths, towels, washing up liquid, draining tray for the dishes
    • A general cleaner like Dettol spray
    • Toilet Duck or something similar

They usually give a vacuum cleaner and a mop, so you should be OK there. There are lots of other bits and pieces that come in handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Rothmans wrote: »
    What apt? I was in 12 last year. It was a right sh!thole. I had a look at the other day as I was in UCD. I must say they've done it up nicely though. Nice black tile floors, new couches. They completely gutted the kitchen and its alot more roomy. Its very nice now tbh. Just my luck that they'd do it up after I go lol:P.
    The duvet and pillow are supplied with a lamp in the room as well (well they were last year anyway), you just need to bring up sheets. Everything else you need to bring - Pots, pans, plates, knifes, forks etc. Oh yeah, you also need to supply a tv if you want one.

Did I not make your time in Merville 12 more barable? It wasn't that bad....well it was awful. Just awful.

But yes everything is done up now, No oven. No oven at all. Lidl or Aldi have a special offer on a counter top one either now or the coming days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Did I not make your time in Merville 12 more barable?

Ha ha of course ye did. Twouldn't have been the same without ye!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vintagelover

:D...im in apt 5...its the top floor!:)....yeah its pretty nice..would have been nicer if the builders hadnt left all the white dust around after them though!:p

Advertisement