Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.1 Quake hits Christchurch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Your cat probably legged it once the walls started going and stuff. Hopefully she turns up or ends up in a safe place.

yeah, problem is he usually hides out next door, and next door just doesnt really exist anymore. i really really hope he does show up, but my gut feeling is that he's under the rubble :(
    Soo sorry that this has happened to you, just once you had got settled as well!! :mad::(

yeah man, absolutely gutted. that house was *home*. the three of us just never really had anywhere to live that we loved as much as this place. flat hunting now and nothing like it on the market anywhere.
    It's obviously too dangerous to go inside your house and get stuff....when they come to clear it all will you be able to collect any of your belongings then?

my room's fallen in and i dont think upstairs would handle people at all, really. i strongly suspect that the place will be demolished without anyone giving us a heads up or anything.
    In the video at 3:23 you can see right inside an upstairs building and their is loads of Irish flags it looks like a bar? Do you know which one that is? Think the tumbled road sign says Manchester street in the video I know few of the bars down there.

didnt notice it as such, but imagine it's the irishman or ... is it o'sullivans? godammit, i used to walk past it every day to work... internet here's a bit crap to check it, but yeah.
    Such madness!! How many was living with you? Is there any other people yous could possibly crash with?:(

yeah, 3 of us living there, one moved out last week, we're all crashing with different people, freinds have been ****ing good to us. if you see the picture of us moving out, im actually the only one who lived there - everyone else helping out were just our freinds, people have really come out supportive outta this.

that said, i couldnt believe on saturday and sunday, when we were sitting outside our house with nowhere to go, hoping the cat would show up or moving our possessions, the amount of people who drove past with cameras pointing at us, like we were a tourist attraction. that was really really ****ing upsetting, so many blatantly insensitive people, taking photos of us crying and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

yeah, problem is he usually hides out next door, and next door just doesnt really exist anymore. i really really hope he does show up, but my gut feeling is that he's under the rubble :(

Ahh jaysus :( I guess you could check animal shelters in case he was lifted or let neighbouring houses/buildings know?
    yeah man, absolutely gutted. that house was *home*. the three of us just never really had anywhere to live that we loved as much as this place. flat hunting now and nothing like it on the market anywhere.
    my room's fallen in and i dont think upstairs would handle people at all, really. i strongly suspect that the place will be demolished without anyone giving us a heads up or anything.

Really hope you find somewhere. No matter what you will be able to make wherever the new place is home and hopefully will come to love it as much or even more.

I guess if the building is too unstable they may have to follow procedure and knock it down. Maybe contact the council and see what they have to say? Esp if your clothes and belongings are in there.

didnt notice it as such, but imagine it's the irishman or ... is it o'sullivans? godammit, i used to walk past it every day to work... internet here's a bit crap to check it, but yeah.

Don't think it is Mickey Finns anyway as it had buildings on either side of it....don't suppose you know if it was damaged?

that said, i couldnt believe on saturday and sunday, when we were sitting outside our house with nowhere to go, hoping the cat would show up or moving our possessions, the amount of people who drove past with cameras pointing at us, like we were a tourist attraction. that was really really ****ing upsetting, so many blatantly insensitive people, taking photos of us crying and everything.

Ah that's horrible. :(

Listen if you need anything don't hesitate to ask me. I can send you out clothes or whatever you need no problem. I'm sure the post office can hold it in their building and you can pick it up from there. Seriously let me know woman! I'll do whatever I can x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Crumble - I'm so sorry to hear that - especially about your cat. You sound like you've had a terrible time and it really brings it home.

Are you ok for everything? I can send some household stuff if you've got nothing left? I'm moving house next week and will lots of stuff we'll be getting rid of. Just kitchen things mainly. Or, as I remember seeing on my facebook page (which I haven't responded to yet) you'll be up in Wellington soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Just got sent this at work. Thought people might be interested

http://geonet.org.nz/images/earthquake/Shallow_Seismicity.png

It's a diagram of all the shallow earthquakes in NZ over the last 10 years.

watna wrote: »
    Just got sent this at work. Thought people might be interested

http://geonet.org.nz/images/earthquake/Shallow_Seismicity.png

It's a diagram of all the shallow earthquakes in NZ over the last 10 years.

Quite simply.....Wow :eek:

Still want to live there though!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/ Map of the quakes as they happened...been so many aftershocks now its crazy.

Crumble glad to hear you're okay, hopefully the cat will come back animals often look after themselves really well during natural disasters, his sixth sense and amazing hearing probably had him run to safety before you even knew it was a quake! Massive respect to your mates for coming together and helping each other so much...when you get to Welly give me a shout!

When they said aftershocks I thought that meant just a few in the days after the quake......not flippin a few every hour every day since the quake has occured!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »
    Crumble - I'm so sorry to hear that - especially about your cat. You sound like you've had a terrible time and it really brings it home.

Are you ok for everything? I can send some household stuff if you've got nothing left? I'm moving house next week and will lots of stuff we'll be getting rid of. Just kitchen things mainly. Or, as I remember seeing on my facebook page (which I haven't responded to yet) you'll be up in Wellington soon?

yeah, im good thanks. it's more things like towels and a bed/mattress/sheets that im missing, but did grab the good sleeping bag.

ill be up in wellington around labour weekend for punkfest, i think mid/late october.

Advertisement