Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greetings' New Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Whip Mark wins at 7/4,Navajo disappoints.
    Small proft today.
    Balance:Minus 30
    Getting back to break even soon hopefully.

Raging,just saw Navajo finished one place out of the money.

Going to go for one in the last at Fairyhouse,that being
    Snap Alam 5.15 Fairyhouse 6/1
    A real consistent,likeable horse who I often go for each way,and always runs a big race. Won it's maiden in Ballinrobe at the start of the season and won a minor race there aswell,similair to this race. Comes into this race with a rating of 80 off the back of a good second at Galway,where he was just beaten a neck,and before that,ran a close up forth at Sligo off a rating of 77. 6/1 looks a nice each way price here and I think the favourite is opposable,although best off these weights,but only has a superior rating to this lad due to a win at Listowel,where he went up 10lbs. Joseph O'Brien takes off five on the favourite but this trip really is a step too far I think over soft ground considering it was over 6 that it won last time out. I wouldn't oppose it over good ground on a mile but would have concerns over its stamina today.
    Stake:10 each way
    Balance including bet:Minus 50

Edit no bet internet was ****ed

Karkari 2.10 Downpatrick 7/2
    Running in a maiden hurdle today following a decent third in a handicap hurdle at Tramore. Stepping back in trip here isn't much of a worry (2 miles 2 today) from 2 miles 4.He has been placed on the flat 3 times for John Oxx last year on distances up to a mile when owned by the Aga Khan,and certainly isn't the first horse owned by him to be sent hurdling. Disappointed at Sligo over 2miles when favourite in June but I don't think that's his optimum trip,and 2 mile 2 might well be. He travelled well for a very long way last time but just couldn't find enough near the end of the race,and was beaten only 1.75 lengths off a rating of 98.The form looks good,as the second that day went on to run second in a hotter handicap hurdle in Killarney and Cape Secret,seven lengths back,ran second in a handicap hurdle at Perth.
    Karkari clearly has the ability to win a race of this sort,and I'd take 7/2 before the 6/4 price of the favourite,a Willie Mullins' horse out of Giant's Causeway,who seems rather expensive to back,with only a maiden win to his name when trained by Kevin Ryan,and has twice been beaten favourite in his 3 runs on the flat for Willie Mullins over distances up to 12 furlongs.Wee Giant is even rated 8 pounds inferior on the flat to Karkari and is giving it 5 pounds,so on flat ratings alone,Karkari looks a solid bet over Wee Giant,who is only that price because of the jockey/trainer combination I think.
    Stake:20 euro
    Balances:Minus 70

• Advertisement

Beaten by the favourite.

My little star 4.30 Pontrefact 12/1
    Seems a huge price on this horse in what could be a fairly decent maiden between the front three in the market,and I think this one has good each way claims,even with only two places. Ran a good race on its debut over 6 on good to firm going and was given a gentle ride that day,and was going on at the end of the race. It was only beaten two lenghts that day,but then disappointed the next time out at Ffos Las,again over 6,on a good to soft going.I don't think the ground suited that day but I really think a mile on good going is what's needed. The stable is placing a lot of it's runners and I can see this filly running well at a nice price,even with two 4's written beside her name.
    Stake 10 each way
    Balance including stake:Minus 90

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

greetings wrote: »

Have that in my tracker. Just watched the race now. Pretty poor run considering he had the run of the race off the front with all the rest fighting for their head. Maybe a fitness thing but he finished as his odds suggested.

It's bound to win soon,maybe things weren't quite right yesterday.

JolieJiconde 7.30 Dundalk 2/1
    Stake:30 euro

Reasoning up later,on a bus and feel sick

• Advertisement

Home now,bus sickness gone :pac:
    Rated 98,this horse should be easily good enough to win this maiden. He has gone close in two attempts in this company,finishing 5th first time out(winner running in a group 1 race tomorrow in Britain) before finishing second behind High Ruler in a maiden,who he subsequently just finished behind in a Group 3 at Leopardstown,beaten abut 2 lengths by a horse who is now rated 115. Any sort of form similar to that run and he should win this easily.

One for tomorrow
    Sajjhaa 1.55 Ascot 11/2

Balance:Minus 140,with 20 bet.
    Doing ****ing ****e,hopefully one or 2 winners can change that.

Beyond 2.50 Market Rasen 11/2
    Stake:30 quid.

One for tomorrow
    Sajjhaa 1.55 Ascot 11/2

Michael Jarvis trained lightly raced 3 year old who showed plenty of promise when bolting up to win a maiden over 10 furlongs by an impressive 7 lengths,so much so that she went in at an 8/1 shot for the Oaks but finished last of all,no doubt a very disappointing run. It then disappointed a few weeks later when beaten at odds on in a listed race over 10 furlongs again but the droup to a mile really seemed to suit her last time out and won a listed race comfortably. No doubt much stronger race today but with Philip Robinson being one of the best jockeys in the country in my opinion and a fantastic trainer and the trip and going likely to suit,I'd be confident enough in the filly.Best price now 4/1.

Beyond 2.50 Market Rasen 11/2
    Stake:30 quid.

Really catches the eye in my opinion. Trained by Evan Williams and Tony McCoy in the saddle,has made an impressive start to hurdling,winning 2 of its first 3 runs,when beaten long odds on in it's last start by a horse in this line up,but now 8lbs better off for a half a length defeat. Trip and ground is no problem for this lad and has posted the highest speed rating of any of these,and should be very close. Has a fantastic sire and had made good progress for Jeremy Noseda on the flat before going hurdling. What really interests me though is that Barazan won this race last year before going on to much bigger things,from the same stable.He had been beaten at 4/11 a couple of starts before that and wouldn't be put off from this lads last defeat.5/1 still available if u shop around.

Balance at the moment is minus 170 :pac: Sajhaa was so close,nailed on the line. Beyond was just ****e,finished 4th.

I had twenty on Chrysanthemum literally right before the off at 7/2,not going to count it in this though for not putting it up beforehand.

Nice winner.

:cool:

Thanks Nulty,pity it wasn't up before. I really like the look of her,commented about her over in the forum in horse racing about casamento.

• Advertisement

Tell me about it. I put the equivalent of .5pts ew on Bright Horizon just before the off. More than makes up for the few bets I put on Barcelona last night. Backed 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 and Villa first scorer after he hit the post.

3-1 final score:P

Aw that's just gaaaaay :( :pac:

Minus 170 current balance,looking to change that.
    Eolith 5.30 Newmarket 11/1
    A totally unexposed 3 year old filly trained by William Knight and William Buick picking up the ride,who just can't seem to lose at the minute. Won a very hot maiden on its debut (second was a group 3 winner,3rd was a group 1 winner at 2 with Clive Britain,now with Godolphin). Won a conditions race over the mile second time handy enough,and ended its 2 year old season undefeated,and looked a nice prospect. Something must have been amiss over the winter as it only made its comeback run ten days ago over the mile at Kempton,where she finished only managed 7th,however I'm willing to ignore that run after a year off the race course. Getting both a 3 year old and a fillies' allowance in the race here so runs off 9 stone with a rating of 84,which could well be a low handicap rating for her.Was very well backed last time out(5/1-11/4 fav) so much more was expected of her,and I could see her going very close here,4 places being paid at the moment.(17 go)Soft ground shouldn't be too much of a worry (won her maiden on good-soft) and ran on well in her second start,suggesting further distances wouldn't be out of her grasp.
    Stake:15 each way.

Edit-3 places,2 non runners that I hadn't seen.

Dead last. Love a good run.
    Going for a short priced one today in
    Kingsfort 4.35 Redcar 2/1
    Going for its first run for Godolphin since leaving Kevin Prendergast's stable. Once as low as 8/1 for the Guineas this year,he suffered an ankle injury which is the cause of his belated return. Carrying only 8 stone 12,he has a three year old weight allowance and is unpenalised for his group 1 win in the National Stakes over 7 as a two year old. Unbeaten from 2 runs in his 2 year old days,this looks like a perfect chance to get off the mark for his 3 year old season and is the mount of Ted Durcan(Frankie doesn't ride at Redcar). Godolphin also have Skysurfers in the race,who could be a big danger here,but if Kingsfort can run anywhere near his Gr.1 win,then he should take this.
    Stake:40
    Balance:An amazing minus 240.
    Lawwwwl.

Seems a huge price on this horse in what could be a fairly decent maiden between the front three in the market,and I think this one has good each way claims,even with only two places. Ran a good race on its debut over 6 on good to firm going and was given a gentle ride that day,and was going on at the end of the race. It was only beaten two lenghts that day,but then disappointed the next time out at Ffos Las,again over 6,on a good to soft going.I don't think the ground suited that day but I really think a mile on good going is what's needed. The stable is placing a lot of it's runners and I can see this filly running well at a nice price,even with two 4's written beside her name.
    Stake 10 each way
    Balance including stake:Minus 90

Running on handicap debut at Windsor today at 2.00.

Gonna see what the market does and might have a nibble

Rating of 65 looks very low,but don't know about the mile trip.As high as 16/1 with sporting bet.

I took 12/1 this morning in VC. only .25pts ew. Looks a bit of a messy race - anything coul pop out and run way over their maiden form. The only thing is the maidens that MLS ran in aren't working out especially well. Chance taken - last chance. I'll take it that it did too much the last day and hopefully different tactics will be used

Sorry Nulty didn't see you respond,happy I didn't back it in the end.
    Right,balance is minus 240 and after a few weeks off I'm back and ready to hit the ground running :pac:

• Advertisement

Newmarket 1.50 Delegator 9/4
    Not too much to add to what I've said about the horse below,following it's come back win.Running in a Group 3 tomorrow and it won't be long before he's racing at the top level if he wins this.
    Stake: 20 euro

Delegator 2.35 Newbury 7/2
    Moved to Godolphin during his 3 year old season and is back as a four year old. Went in favourite in last year's 2000 Guineas only to be beaten into second by Sea The Stars. Last seen when beaten 3 lengths in the Breeders' Cup Mile behind Goldikova,and was third in the QEII before that,and winning the Totesport Celebration Mile before that. This is a group 2 or group 1 horse running in what looks a very strong listed race tomorrow. Awzaan could be a serious threat over 7 furlongs here as he wasn't getting the mile this season I felt. Dropping to 7 shouldn't prevent Delegator from taking this though if back to near his best.

Advertisement