Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scariff 10K

• 03-09-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭

Has anyone any idea what the course is like for this run on 12th September?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

this is no help to ya but i havent a clue. was lookin at doin this myself. goin do the kilkishen one the week after. part of its through a wood/park so something different i suppose. i need to get back on track this month after a grand total of 20k in august.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Scarrif 10K Info

Ran it 2 years ago and its the same course uphill for first 4K very steep downhill for next 2 flat to the last 1/2 K with a steep climb into the town.

All proceeds go to charity so just suck it up and do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Oh God, it sounds like a tough one, but as you say its for a good cause. Signed up today and see that its closing for entries on 3rd Sept! So if you're thinking of doing it, you have about five mins! Thanks for info.

any more info on this race tomorrow? Whats the forecast?

Did this run yesterday, very tough first 4k uphill but we were rewarded with a great downhill stretch for about 3k. Legs really feeling it today though. Very well organised race with bananas and Mars bars at the finish and great tea/ coffee, brack, etc in GAA club afterwards. This race was in aid of the local hospital and really deserves our support. They even had the All Ireland Clay pigeon shooting champion as the official starter!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Irishman99

Does any body know anything about Kilkishen this weekend?
    I have registered to do it but don't really have a lot of details about it. From the map it looks like the start is a bit away from the finish! Is it starting in the GAA grounds?

Irishman99 wrote: »
    Does any body know anything about Kilkishen this weekend?
    I have registered to do it but don't really have a lot of details about it. From the map it looks like the start is a bit away from the finish! Is it starting in the GAA grounds?

Start is a good bit away from the village ~2 miles on the sixmilebridge road. Its nearer Kilmurry then it is to kilkisheen. They might have transport to start or you could get a lift.

Try here for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cindyss

Hi All,
    I was talking to the guy organising it yesterday and he said there is a new course and to meet up in the GAA hall in KIlkishen,

Regards,

Gary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Are they taking entries on the day?

5h4mr0(k wrote: »
    Are they taking entries on the day?

From website
    Entries will also be accepted on the morning of the event but at a late entry charge which is A BIT more expensive. Participants who have collected sponsorship for the Irish Cancer Society will have free entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Kilkishen 10k was a great success today. The race was won by 2009 Intermediate cross country champion and Kilkishen native Sean Hehir.

The results from Kilkishen are up on the web site now.
    http://www.eastclare10k.com/results2010.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Irishman99

Did you end up runnng 5h4mr0?
    I thought it was a good event. Nice course, some nice scenic views and well organised. Pity there wasn't a larger turnout!

I did, yeah.

Course wasn't bad. There seemed to have been some potholes recently filled in along it. At least the rain held off. There was a huge downpour while I was travelling over.

Advertisement