Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who decides on the Charters?

Options
  • 03-09-2010 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

So it is forbidden to discuss RTE and their funding/spending on the radio forum. Does this make sense? I don't believe it does at all. Does it stifle free speech and fair open discussion? In my opinion, yes! One must question the motives behind boards.ie and their policy of supressing comment on how all of our money is spent by the National Broadcaster. Are boards.ie funded by RTE as well? Do the moderators or category moderators of the radio forum have a vested interest in RTE?

In my opinion such a policy calls into question the integrity of the whole set up including that of the volunteers and staff. As I say, in my opinion. I would be most interested to hear other honest opinions.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

So it is forbidden to discuss RTE and their funding/spending on the radio forum. Does this make sense? I don't believe it does at all. Does it stifle free speech and fair open discussion? In my opinion, yes! One must question the motives behind boards.ie and their policy of supressing comment on how all of our money is spent by the National Broadcaster. Are boards.ie funded by RTE as well? Do the moderators or category moderators of the radio forum have a vested interest in RTE?

In my opinion such a policy calls into question the integrity of the whole set up including that of the volunteers and staff. As I say, in my opinion. I would be most interested to hear other honest opinions.
    For a start, free speech is not a given on any website.

Write a letter to rte/gubmint/your TD/etc. if you feel that strongly about the issue. If you feel that you need to spooge your opinions on the internet unfettered, get a blog. I fail to see how it's related to charters other than that the radio forum charter prevents you from pushing your agenda and you find this inconvenient.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You already have a Help Desk thread running at the moment, and as this thread is nothing more than conspiracy theories leaving it open serves no useful purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement