Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with writting a tab in guitar pro 5...

• 03-09-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Not sure this is the right place but didn't find a tech area in the music forum so...here I am. Technically this is songwriting because I'm working on writing a piece of music of my own.

I'm using Guitar pro 5 to try and tab a bass "melody/solo intro piece" of my own. Have the tempo right and know the length of each note. The problem is everything is going into one bar. So what should have 4 beats end up infinite. When I try to play it, it play the few notes up to when I know it should have switched to a new bar/measure and then skips everything to the next bar which is empty. So basically I have 10 bars worth of notes fitting into one. When I use only a full note it works fine. After the whole note it automatically switches to the 2nd bar as it should. But any variation in note length and it just continues putting everything into the first bar but only playing the first part.

I've googled the crap out of this and there's nothing I could find. This is driving me bonkers.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

Thanks for all the help but I figured it out myself, 'cuz I'm awesome!

Advertisement