Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants and Registration

• 03-09-2010 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation before or knows the procedure of what happens, basically I applied for my grant back in June and they have just told me last week that they need more information, now iv gotten them everything that I think they need but my course starts in two weeks. Now I have registered for my postgrad course without paying for the fees, because I am still waiting on the grants office to get back to me so I am holding off on going down the loan road for as long as I gain, My question is really will I still receive a student card even though my fees arent paid or will be restricted on what I can do in college till the fees have been paid. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

I was wondering the same thing. Waiting to hear about grant. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

I'm in the same situation, as far as I know, when you go in to register bring in a letter from the grants office confirming that it is being processed, you can still register, but you will not recieve a student card. But its no biggy, it happens all the time, I cant imagine you will need to use the library in the first month!!

Hopefully it sorts itself out pretty promptly!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I was in their today with the Access programme.

Couple of things,

1. If you are an EU citizen, you should register online here. Once you go here, you will have the option to REGISTER or REGISTER AND PAY. If you are getting a maintenance grant, just register.

If you are not an EU citizen, you will need to register in person. You should have been sent information regarding this.

2. You WILL get a student card, even if you haven't paid you fees. So long as you have registered. Bring along the email that was sent to your DIT Student email address confirming that you have registered to your assigned time to collect your card and you will get it.

3. The lady from the Registration office was very clear with this point, do not worry about your fees. If you think you are going to be getting a grant, don't pay. They understand that some Local Authorities/VECs take up to 10 or 12 weeks to process applications and they will not hassle you for them.

Does anyone have any more questions? She went through it in a lot of detail today so I can probably help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

I have been confirmed for a grant from DCC. they gave me some forms to get stamped and signed by the college. where can i get this done?

Gary4279 wrote: »
    I have been confirmed for a grant from DCC. they gave me some forms to get stamped and signed by the college. where can i get this done?

She said when you are picking up your student card bring them along and someone will do it for you then. She also said if you don't get it done that day you wont be able to do it for several weeks cos they will be so busy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I've paid my fees but if I get the grant I presume I'll be refunded?

You shall. Just give them proof once you get it.

I should send the registration service a bill for this:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 carraisking87

Hi Guys,

I am due to start a post graduate course in D.I.T this coming September (2010). The cost of the course was pretty steep , about 10 k to be exact, and i decided to search for means of funding. I was lucky enough to uncover a scholarship that was available in my area , the diageo scholarship. I have been invited for an interview which is how they decide who will receive the funding. I have no idea what to be expect and I am kind of freaking out about it. Has anyone ever done one of these interviews before? What is the dress code?? Any tips or hints?? Cheers for the help in advance. smile.gif

Advertisement