Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You wake up in the morning and can drive anywhere in Ireland

Options
  • 04-09-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

From Dublin.

Where would you go? Looking for ideas I'll admit...

Anything decent on anywhere? Not the EP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

If the weather is nice, a day in Howth or Bray perhaps

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Carlingford near Dundalk is a nice spot - short-ish drive from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Kilkenny, great pubs and great craic and with them going for 5 in a row best place to be this w/end bar Croke Park of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Favorite of mine is a cruise across sally's gap,stop at laragh for lunch and then drive back via the guiness lake, stopping occasionally to admire the view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

havent done it but feel ashamed i havent been to the giants causeway yet. that and the cliffs of moher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Táck wrote: »
    havent done it but feel ashamed i havent been to the giants causeway yet.

We did that a couple of years back. Woke up one Saturday, had nothing planned and said we'd go for a drive to the Giants Causeway. Beautiful up there along the coast. Took nearly 4 hours from Dublin taking it handy with a couple of pit stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Antrim Coast Road - go to Larne (don't stop there :eek:) then head north.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

As far away from Dublin as possible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

North Antrim coast is the most spectacular in Ireland I reckon and full of really friendly people (don't let the Union Jacks put you off). About 3 and a half hours from Dublin. Probably worth staying the night as its a long enough drive coming home tired. Avoid Larne though.....not so nice there at all at all :p.

• Advertisement

(don't let the Union Jacks put you off)

no, they never throw them at us usually

no, they never throw them at us usually

:confused:, I'm a bit lost at this joke?

the last time a "union jack" housing estate came up in conversation for me, was when my friend was describing exiting the said estate at speed, whilst stones were being thrown at her southern reg'd car.

an isolated incident, i know.

the last time a "union jack" housing estate came up in conversation for me, was when my friend was describing exiting the said estate at speed, whilst stones were being thrown at her southern reg'd car.

an isolated incident, i know.

Ah well Larne doesn't have a great reputation for being friendly to us down south :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Thanks everyone but ended up hitting Belfast, not that I haven't been there loads before but still. Drove along the Shankhill for the first time though :P

Advertisement