Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New pricing structure for AAI permit applications

• 04-09-2010 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I believe there are new prices for applying for an AAI race permit. If I recall correctly there is a fee of 500 Euro for commecial events. Can't find the application form on the AAI web-site though. Anybody have a link to a copy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Fee Breakdown is as follows:

1 AAI Club License (Affiliated Clubs) Fee: €50.00
    All applications must be made through the County Board and forwarded to the Chair of Competition with the appropriate fee.

2. Charitable /Organisation License (Proceeds exclusively Benefiting a recognised charity)
    Fees: € 100 - up to 1000
    € 250 – in excess of 1000 participant’s
    Applications must be made through a local club in the area of the event, and then approved by the County Board.

3. Commercial License.
    (Individual Group or organisation not affiliated to a club or charity as in category 1 or 2 above)
    Fee: € 500.00
    Applications must be made through a local club in the area of the event, then approved by the County Board

4.International License International license covers events that include athletes from outside the jurisdiction affiliated to the IAAF.
    Applications must be made directly to the County Board.

The .doc file is too big to upload... even though its only 800k. PM me and I can send you on a copy.

Domer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

Thanks Domer. I wonder will commercial race organizers bother looking for a permit if they have to pay 500 Euro. Although in the overall costs for a race it is not much and it may still work out cheaper for them as their insurance costs may be lower. Another point. I think the AAI should publish a list of pending and granted permits on their web-site. Alongside these it should show the type of license, Affiliated, charitable or commercial with the name of the benifiting club or organization. This would make it very clear to runners what type of race they are running in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭doctorchick

Thanks for detailing the pricing structure, had wondered what figures they were going to settle on. Another thing is I see that they have dropped the term 'permit' and replaced it with a race license.

Domer wrote: »
    4.International License International license covers events that include athletes from outside the jurisdiction affiliated to the IAAF.
    Applications must be made directly to the County Board.

So does this mean that if you host your annual club race which has entry open to any athlete and an athlete from outside Ireland enters then you should really be paying the International License Fee or does it only cover events where you are knowingly inviting foreign athletes.

Also is there a date from when these come into force, because as a club secretary it would be really nice for AAI to pass this down the ranks.

PM sent to request that document :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

The new system is already in place. I saw an application at a Wexford county board meeting with the new form and price.
    The question of 'International' is an interesting one. We have a road race in Kilmore a short hop to the Rosslare Ferry. If we happen to get entries from some Welsh athletes is it an 'International' event. Last year most of our entries were local runners unattached to any club. So if we have an 'AAI club license' for the race it would probably be OK to accept entries from unattached Welsh athletes but not Welsh club athletes!. Are entries from the North of Ireland considered international I wonder.

Advertisement