Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosque(ish) on Upper Sheriff Street

Options
  • 04-09-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭

All I would like to say right now is that it's 1.17am and they're using LOUD speakers for their chanting.

*CRIES*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

MJohnston wrote: »
    All I would like to say right now is that it's 1.17am and they're using LOUD speakers for their chanting.

*CRIES*

obviously thats not right...cue the liberals with their equality bull...:rolleyes: if it was a christian church it would have ended ages ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm as liberal as they come, but I WANT MY SLEEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

So go down and say it. To be honest beats having your gaff stoned at that time like i used to when I lived down that way.

I've no idea where it is, other than somewhere in the collection of warehouses beside the rail depot - don't think the security guard would let me just wander in either.

Well how do people get into the mosque so? Ramadan's nearly over anyway but it's noise pollution based on the volume you seem to be having and you can make a complaint on that basis. I lived near mosque on SCR for years and never got anything like that.

http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/AirQualityMonitoringandNoiseControl/NoisePollution/Pages/NoisePollution.aspx

• Advertisement

I'm assuming the security bloke knows the coming and going times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I am a big pinko liberal but if I lived near it, it would have to be burned. How are they allowed to do this, are there not laws about noise?

if I lived near it, it would have to be burned.

Exaggerate much? Yeah there's laws against the noise - but they might not be aware how far away it can be heard at night, obviously it travels further at that time. A polite request could be all it takes.
    OP as well as link above, if you can get the actual address you can look up and see if they have planning permission for the speakers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Yeah, it's Ramadan.

People are fasting during the day and there are mosque services at night

It's over on September 9th

I think they're aware of the noise, I read a thread on neighbours.ie where someone mentioned they'd gone down before it opened and had a word with someone about not cranking up the speakers so loud. It hasn't changed anything.

They were doing this well before Ramadan started too, so I'm not hopeful of that ending doing anything.

and I'm sure jam_mac_jam is just exaggerating for effect, the Tea Party would have been proud of some of the things I was saying at 3am last night.

• Advertisement

Get in touch with the council's noise pollution team so at the link I posted above.

And just as an aside don't rely on some random poster to be telling the truth on an internet forum such as neighbours.ie, better to deal with it yourself.

Hope it gets sorted for you.

Random internet poster - Dublin City Council

I'm not sure who I trust less...:)

Additionally, I'm not sure how much help complaining to DCC would be. Looks like they 'monitor' the noise, and it's not really much louder than, say, the trains in the train depot from where my apartment is. The thing is, the train engine noises I can usually blank out because they're mechanical and background. The other noise is human and somehow that aggravates my minor insomnia. It's basically like having a neighbour three doors down throw a loud party every night.

Advertisement